lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2023, 08:35 AM   #101
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Try one of those apps, along with the Daly app as well. You may be lucky and just be able to turn the output mosfets back on next time.
Is the Daly app universal, ie will it connect to my BMS which seems to be made by Xiaoxiang?
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2023, 08:58 AM   #102
DaveTM
Gone Wild

In looking at the pic's you posted, it appears your BMS does not have any of the "protections" turned on\setup to keep the pack safe.

Balancing should be on. Overvoltage and under voltage as well. All of the safety features on pic #3 appear to be 0.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:20 AM   #103
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
In looking at the pic's you posted, it appears your BMS does not have any of the "protections" turned on\setup to keep the pack safe.

Balancing should be on. Overvoltage and under voltage as well. All of the safety features on pic #3 appear to be 0.
my first thought as the reason why for this, is the app hes using may not be the correct app for the bms and even though its connecting its not fully functional. many of these app and bms use the same communication protocals such as UART RS485 and can.. I imagine the apps work the same way with partial compatibility in some cases.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #104
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
Is the Daly app universal, ie will it connect to my BMS which seems to be made by Xiaoxiang?
did you see the bms? yours would be the only one Ive seen reported, that has a bms other than the ant or daly they have been confirmed to use.

Just because you got a connection with the Xiaoxiang app doesnt necessarily mean its correct for the bms. Xiaoxiang doesnt make any bms that I know of but that app which was ironically developed in the states from what I read, is used on multiple different brands and types of bms. typically JBD, QUCC and Heltec, use the Xiaoxiang app.

I think you will have more information with the daly app.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:58 AM   #105
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I purchased a 48v 100aH Extreme Team lithium battery in December 2021 and installed it in January 2022. My build thread is located here. . No problems after one year of using the ET battery.

The installation instructions provided by ET said to use the Smart BMS app, but it wouldn't connect. I was able to successfully use the ANT BMS to connect to my battery.

Interestingly, when I searched the Apple App store just now for "ANT BMS", it indicated I do not have the app downloaded and says the version for download is v2.2.6. The version on my iPhone is v1.2.7, but has not been included in the automatic app updates
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #106
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post

Thanks. I will try to fix that tonight when I get home.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:21 AM   #107
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
did you see the bms? yours would be the only one Ive seen reported, that has a bms other than the ant or daly they have been confirmed to use.

Just because you got a connection with the Xiaoxiang app doesnt necessarily mean its correct for the bms. Xiaoxiang doesnt make any bms that I know of but that app which was ironically developed in the states from what I read, is used on multiple different brands and types of bms. typically JBD, QUCC and Heltec, use the Xiaoxiang app.

I think you will have more information with the daly app.
I have not opened the battery or seen the BMS. It's been a while since I refurbed the cart and installed the ET battery, so I don't remember all the details. As I recall I downloaded the antbms based on information here or somewhere else before I got the "official" communication from ET to download the Xiaoxiang app. I tried a few times after the upgrade to use the app but gave up. The first I heard about the Daly app was here yesterday when I started investigating ET.

When I searched for "Daly BMS" in the Apple app store, SMART BMS came up as the tope app, and 123SmartBMS came up second. The Xiaoxiang BMS came up 4th and an app that looks a lot like the antBMS app was further down the list.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:46 AM   #108
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I have not opened the battery or seen the BMS. It's been a while since I refurbed the cart and installed the ET battery, so I don't remember all the details. As I recall I downloaded the antbms based on information here or somewhere else before I got the "official" communication from ET to download the Xiaoxiang app. I tried a few times after the upgrade to use the app but gave up. The first I heard about the Daly app was here yesterday when I started investigating ET.

When I searched for "Daly BMS" in the Apple app store, SMART BMS came up as the tope app, and 123SmartBMS came up second. The Xiaoxiang BMS came up 4th and an app that looks a lot like the antBMS app was further down the list.
not to confuse the situation more but I know with my bms at least, only certain versions of the ant and Xiaoxiang app work correctly with certain revisions of hardware. so its also possible theres a different revision of the app your using with better communication. I know the version of the Xiaoxiang app im using for my cart and RV battery is different than your screen shots as I have access to all the parameters for easy editing and viewing.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:47 AM   #109
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
not to confuse the situation more but I know with my bms at least, only certain versions of the ant and Xiaoxiang app work correctly with certain revisions of hardware. so its also possible theres a different revision of the app your using with better communication. I know the version of the Xiaoxiang app im using for my cart and RV battery is different than your screen shots as I have access to all the parameters for easy editing and viewing.
Is the Daly BMS app called "Daly BMS"? As stated above the top response for "Daly BMS" on Apple returns "SMART BMS", an app with 2 stars and only 43 reviews. Second is "123SmartBMS" which has 4.5 stars and 13 reviews. Third is "BMS Tool" with only 1 review of 1 star, and fourth is a different version of Xiaoxiang than I have showing 52 reviews and 4 stars. I don't see any apps labeled "Daly BMS".

The Xiaoxiang app on my phone definitely connected to my BMS via Bluetooth this morning. I'm at work now and just checked the Xiaoxiang app and sure enough it shows it is not connected, so that seems to confirm that the app was indeed talking to my BMS and not just a simulation.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:51 AM   #110
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here’s a screen shot of my Google search for Daly BMS:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65FC58E8-8754-42C8-B1D8-2DDA2064689F.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium