lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM   #1
baasj2
Not Yet Wild

Default What is this part?

Can't tell if this fell from my cart or I just ran it over in the road and it's from someone else. Does this look like a golf cart part? I looked all around the cart and didn't see anything obvious missing. 2013 Yamaha drive ydra. 4 pieces, a bolt, gasket, washer, and spacer/bushing. Any help appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210816_005539308.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210816_005547225.jpg (85.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210816_005600150.jpg (136.8 KB, 0 views)
baasj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 05:57 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: What is this part?

No idea. My first thought was a suspension part, but with a gasked? Hmmmm
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:41 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Is the bolt metric?

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:52 AM   #4
baasj2
Not Yet Wild

After further inspection I found it. It's the bolt that goes into secondary clutch. How in the world that comes out I don't know. Obviously it was loose, but I've driven it for months since purchase with no issues. Any suggestions on proper way to tighten appreciated.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #5
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You are correct. It is the bolt that holds the secondary clutch on to the input shaft.
The cupped washer appears to still be in good shape. You may get away with using blue loctite during reassembly.
Once the input shaft and secondary clutch wear enough, this will start to happen more often.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
baasj2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
You are correct. It is the bolt that holds the secondary clutch on to the input shaft.
The cupped washer appears to still be in good shape. You may get away with using blue loctite during reassembly.
Once the input shaft and secondary clutch wear enough, this will start to happen more often.
Thank you. Is there a chance I did further damage? The bolt looks undamaged, just wondering if there is a chance for damage to input shaft and spline based on what I described? The issue I think is not using locktite, the bolt had no locktite on it and it's an upgraded clutch and needs it.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:04 PM   #7
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by baasj2 View Post
Thank you. Is there a chance I did further damage? The bolt looks undamaged, just wondering if there is a chance for damage to input shaft and spline based on what I described? The issue I think is not using locktite, the bolt had no locktite on it and it's an upgraded clutch and needs it.
Damage only occurs if the secondary slid off under load. If that did not happen then you did no damage. Perhaps the bolt just loosened up and you will be able to use blue loctite and put it back in.
Frankly I am amazed that you found all three pieces together.

The real problems begin when the secondary and input shaft wear enough to keep working the bolt loose.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:42 PM   #8
baasj2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Damage only occurs if the secondary slid off under load. If that did not happen then you did no damage. Perhaps the bolt just loosened up and you will be able to use blue loctite and put it back in.
Frankly I am amazed that you found all three pieces together.

The real problems begin when the secondary and input shaft wear enough to keep working the bolt loose.
This is great info thank you. Luckily the bolt fell out on pavement when I was going super slow and I heard it hit the ground. I was close to home and drove the 100-200 yards home with no bolt. Once I saw where the bolt came out of I noticed the secondary clutch remained solidly on so I don't think I did damage based on what you described. I will probably still pull it off to make sure though.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #9
baasj2
Not Yet Wild

Put blue toctite on and put the bolt back in. Torqued to 20 ft/lb. Gave it a few seconds test run in neutral and the **** bolt came about a quarter turn loose. I know loctite can take up to 24 hours to fully cure, but it should not be loosening so easily. The bolt looks completely fine and undamaged. The washer has a slight wear spot where the flange of the bolt sits you can see in the pics, but barely noticeable and shouldn't be impacting this.

Maybe the secondary clutch isn't compressed all the way and I'm not actually tightening the bolt down fully?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha