lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1st Cart: PCX-956 SHUTTLE

I picked this cart up that had just been "restored" but unfinished. The add said new Batteries, new tires, runs Bla bla bla. After looking online I stumbled across this site and got 3 different manuels and was able to get a few things done.

I bring it home and drive it around the neighborhood with the family and look, listen and feel for all the things that I need to wrench on. It rides pretty nice, body creeks, nothing too unexpected...the suddenly the accelerator pedal clinks and I know I have an issue to look at. I look under the cart at the pedals and I'm missing the bolt to the linkage. Lol.

What I've done so far is
- fixed the hardware issues on the brake and accelerator. There was a questionable layout of nuts and bolts holding the linkage together.
- tested the batteries. They all pass and read above 6.3V
- traced and reconnected the wireing harness. The instrument cluster is missing, along with the turn signal switches and all the gauges. I have a switch zip tied at the moment for the lights
- fixed the taillight with a bit of expoxy. All tailights now work.
- fixed the brake pedal. I spent quite a bit of time at Ace piecing together the strange setup for the brake pressure switch.

Future plans
- get it going much faster. She only goes about 10mph
- lift it.
- install and dash
- fix the roof post
- bigger tires
- add some tunes

Any tips and tricks are appreciated, I'm new to this so it will probably be a slow project. Bear with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8230.jpg (14.4 KB, 0 views)
EzgoNewbie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2017, 04:56 AM   #2
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st Cart: PCX-956 SHUTTLE

looks like a nice starter project
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:09 AM   #3
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Dennisneri

Ok after looking more in depth at the cart and cleaning a few things here is my setup at the moment. The batteries are Brute Force v6-2000. It has 6 gauge wiring throughout and will probably be updated to a 4 or 2 gauge. I was able to get enough grime off the solenoid and the only thing I could make out in it were the numbers 117111. Google search results say it's a White-Rodgers 36v 200amp. The controller is a Curtis 1205 400amp. The F-R works fine, but I think one of the mini switches is faulty because it buzzes most mr the time but not all the time.

My question is after I put some bigger cables in what is a good motor option to buy. I've seen some people use Plum Quick, Buggies Unlimited, Carts Unlimited... I don't know enough about any or them. I would like one I can plug and play and use at 36 volts until the batteries need to be replaced then move up to 48 volts. I plan on lifting it and putting some 22 inch tires on it soon and possibly going bigger at some point. I'm pretty much on flat land except and mostly driving on the street. Anyone know some good motors and speeds they produce?
Old 05-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Any ideas on hot to axle flip this? The shock mount is welded to the axle. I would like to flip it then put some blocks. Anyone know of a cheap kit or is it all fab and welding?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8251.jpg (245.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
44blaine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just got a 1994 pcx-956 also. I haven't been able to find much info on lifting it.
44blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
44blaine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just got done painting mine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
44blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:21 AM   #7
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks great! What kind of paint did you use. I want to paint mine but my tools and capabilities leave me with the rattle can option. I’ve been working on mine too pics and update will be coming soon.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:56 AM   #8
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that's sweet, looks way better than mine!

some guy on here lifted his, but it was totally custom i believe
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #9
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks good 44blaine. I’s that a rattle can job? I’m going to paint mine when I’m done but just a rattle can job.

Here is an update on mine. I started the lift, I built some lift blocks a while ago and finally got some time to install them with some stainless all-thread. The center of the block is 5 inches. I figure with the axle flip, the blocks and the 23 inch tires it will end up being around 10 inches total. I also was able to cut and extend the steering linkage. There weren’t any kits I could find for these models so I’ll post up what do and maybe it will help someone out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6324086B-DF59-4923-8B6A-BBC87F00E33C.jpeg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #10
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

All over my head, but I bet it turns out sweet! I'm also planning to paint mine as soon as we get a couple dry warm days here in WV. Got new seats being upholstered currently.
AlexWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides