lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2023, 08:33 AM   #2111
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Snow Again AND into the teens tonite with 20+ mph winds. In fact it looks like we won't get above freezing until sunday and then still with some stiff winds.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2023, 09:59 PM   #2112
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The power blipped out twice this evening. I was really hoping that was all that was going to happen. I really didn't want to play with the generator in all this wind and cold. So far all is good again. I really feel for those poor folks out west that have been down for days.
Old 03-03-2023, 12:47 PM   #2113
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

After getting all dirty working on the Sonoma I decided to start back on Vicki.She has been sitting waiting for me to do the Omega install. SO the engine is in along with the S/G,exhaust and fuel systems installed. Both belts are tensioned along with the torque limit unit. All that is left is my favorite part (NOT) putting all the wiring back together. A couple of medical things for next 2 weeks so we will see when things get finished. I sure hope Omega isn't a step too far for a golf cart.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:05 PM   #2114
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got things wired up to run and found my big $ facet fuel pump isn't priming
Old 03-04-2023, 11:20 AM   #2115
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Heavy winds here. The power went out from 3:50 to 5:35 am early this morning. I didn't wake until 5 and noticed and eerie quiet and figured out the power was down. Decided to think about starting the gen up or not and the power came on. Back to sleep. Good going guys from AC power co.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:35 PM   #2116
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The curiosity was killing me and did all sorts of things only to find out the glass fuel filter end caps were tight enough allowing a vacuum leak leading to the pump. Omega fired right up and idles and runs smooth.In fact amazingly smooth. I was wondering with the massively built Bullfrog connecting rod if that was going to cause a balance issue resulting in worse vibration in the engine. Another point is some said that with the billet flywheel it would have starting and idling issues. This proved not to be true at all. Still need to finish more wiring to test run the cart itself. MAYBE this week, appointments and weather permitting. P.S. For any newbies interested in what the Omega engine is there is a whole separate thread here in the clone section on it's years long process. P.P.S Shepard wherever you are I hope you can that all are conversations have resulted on my 6500 rpm Omega clone finally finished. Thanx for all your help
Old 03-07-2023, 02:00 PM   #2117
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Took Vicki out today. There is one problem that is new. Upon first starting she spits back out of the carb and the S/G belt squeals. I wonder with the billet flywheel if the engine is bouncing off compression and momentarily going backwards ? Again with the adjustable timing flywheel is my setting wrong. Once running the engine is very smooth and revs easily. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-07-2023, 06:48 PM   #2118
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well one thing for sure it is NOT the timing. Moved the timing from one end to the other and in between and the problem is still there. That was the bad news. The good news is I was wondering how hard it would be to get to the timing bracket which has to be adjusted thru holes in the flywheel with an allen wrench inside a golf cart. You have to remove the cooling shroud (which I stud mounted) and look behind the flywheel for the stud boss. After I figured that out it was pretty easy to try several different timing positions. IF I figure out my problem it will be interesting to see the effects on performance will different timing settings.
Old 03-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #2119
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Not valve lash either. ALAS a compression test revealed the problem. Compression release not working. Even tries zero lash very high cylinder pressure. Well I know what is wrong BUT not a happy result. Out the engine has to come with a tear down to see what happened P.S. I wonder if shimming the cam caused this issue ?
Old 03-09-2023, 10:42 PM   #2120
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Not so much that I mind the engine work. It is the pulling it out and putting it back that is NOT fun
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps