lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Welded Diffs

I wonder how bad a welded diff would make the steering and tire wear. Anybody actually done this?
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

i just did... steering is a little stiffer... but the cart i did it on is always off road so tire wear wont be too bad
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
old army
Gone Wild

IAMCOOL can you give an update on the welded rear end like have you had it on asphalt, any turning issue so far. I am thinking about this real hard mine would have very little use on asphalt mostly dirt Thanks Sam
old army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #4
crazyjohnny
Not Yet Wild

locking the diff makes it harder to drive on asphalt. don' do it if you drive on asphalt because you will put way more stress on the rear diff, and yes tear wear will increase....... a lot
crazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Personally, I wouldn't do it. For a few reasons; there is no going back once you have done it, it puts a LOT of stress on the axles (sort of like driving a part-time four wheel drive on dry pavement), tire wear will be horrid, and the welds will break in time.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
roady89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
and the welds will break in time.
Thats all depends on how its welded. I have welded diffs for dirt track cars and have not had any break.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

as far as tire wear...yes tire wear increases by 30% easly.....welds will not break depending on welder...and for anyone thinking of this mod... they have usually weighed the pros and cons...in the now 8 carts i have done... one with a 650 sportbike engine..(not mine) i havent had the first complaint ... just know the main draw back to this mod is increased tire wear and it will tear up terrain.. but if your really thinking about doing it you already knew that...remember for the haters,,,,when the first cart was lifted half of the people said dont do it and the same goes for the first big block in a cart... so make up your own mind
Old 02-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjohnny
locking the diff makes it harder to drive on asphalt. don' do it if you drive on asphalt because you will put way more stress on the rear diff, and yes tear wear will increase....... a lot
crazy johnny you have disputed and gone against everything i have ever said at all the forums...DONT do it here... army was asking me a question....
Old 02-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #9
roady89

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCOOL
but if your really thinking about doing it you already knew that...remember for the haters,,,,when the first cart was lifted half of the people said dont do it and the same goes for the first big block in a cart... so make up your own mind
AMEN TO THAT!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #10
crazyjohnny
Not Yet Wild

sorry, but when have i gone against every you said on BU or any other forum. I am sorry if i have because i have never seen it, i never wanted to contradict ideas sorry for voicing my opinion

I just dont like th weld the diff because the tire wear. I hope it will work well for you and your carts.
crazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts