lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

Default New to the forum. Here is my 2011 club car precedent build

Hello. I'm new here and wanna post my first golf cart. It is a 2011 precedent. I just got it 2 weeks or so ago. It's an electric cart. It has a 6" lift with 12" wheels.

I'm gonna paint the wheels black for now until I get some 14" wheels.

I ordered the 48 to 12 volt converter to power my headlights so they won't be so dim. Also ordered some led projector bulbs, and led turn signal bulbs

I will be doing some changes to make it look like I want.

2001antivenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
Aauman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to the forum. Here is my 2011 club car precedent build

Nice cart to start with. Look forward to seeing the upgrades
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Aauman88

Alright I have already made some changes to the cart. I actually got the cart 3/20/16

Also ordered some more stuff.

Black seat covers
Volt gauge
USB port to charge my phone
Cigarette lighter port to charge stuff if needed
Led reverse lights
Charger with a quick connect for car battery

I think that's it for now

I'm going to go ahead and put a separate battery on the cart for the lights, chargers, and later a radio. I ordered the 48 to 12 volt converter but it's not here yet anyway so I will just sell it when it arrives.

I pulled the cart apart a couple days after I got it and blasted and painted the front suspension. I think it come out pretty good.

Here are the before pictures

The previous owner just spray painted over the rust to make it look good at a glance.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #4
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

Here is some after pictures of the suspension

I know it's not a good picture but I painted the top black with krylon paint. Come out decent.

Sure am glad I got these projector led headlight bulbs. Now I can see good. It's actually better in person than its in the pictures. The headlights that were in it was just hooked to 8 volts and were as about as bright as a lighter. I had to use a flashlight to drive at night. I temporarily put my lawn mower battery on the cart to run the led lights and they are great.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

A big part of me getting the golf cart is so when my family goes camping we will have something to ride around. Plus we can ride it around our neighborhood anytime.

Well I loaded the cart in my truck and first thing I noticed was I needed to get some helper bags for my truck especially when j hook up my camper. This thing is pretty heavy. Lol

I got some Firestone bags and installed them

I loaded the cart and hooked the camper up. The cart is about a foot away from hitting the camper when going straight. When I turn its about 3" away. Too close for my comfort. If I'm on a hill and turn it will probably hit. I ordered a receiver hitch for my camper and bought a rack at harbor freight. I'm gonna pull my rear seat off the cart and put it on the rack when I go on trips with the cart and my camper so I don't have to worry about anything.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #6
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

Well I got the seat covers in and installed this weekend
Also mounted a battery thanks to Aauman88.
Installed some reverse lights. Gotta wait for my 48 volt relay to come in so I can wire them to my reverse switch.
I got my head lights, tail lights, horn, and blinkers mounted to the 12 volt battery. For some reason my brake lights don't work. Any input on it? It has a brake light switch and its hooked up. Idk know where to start on it.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
Aauman88
Gone Wild

Should be two wires on switch. Put jumper wire to close the terminals and see if lights come on. If they do you need a switch, if they don't then it's a loss of power or faulty wiring at lights. Is it a 3 wire brake light or just two?

Cart looks good by the way. Are you going to install dash? If so where will the stereo be mounted? Just be careful of where the radio will sit if you are doing it and make sure of clearance with it and battery. My battery had to go lower because the stereo was in center and angled down
Old 04-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aauman88 View Post
Should be two wires on switch. Put jumper wire to close the terminals and see if lights come on. If they do you need a switch, if they don't then it's a loss of power or faulty wiring at lights. Is it a 3 wire brake light or just two?

I will check that out. I noticed my cart don't have the timer so I bought a new kit for the brake lights. Comes with the switch and timer and relay. I believe each tail light has only 2 wires. Is that my problem? Should it be 3 wires? The running lights and blinkers work fine right now.

Cart looks good by the way. Are you going to install dash? If so where will the stereo be mounted? Just be careful of where the radio will sit if you are doing it and make sure of clearance with it and battery. My battery had to go lower because the stereo was in center and angled down

Thank you. Yes I ordered the same dash you have. If I have to lower the battery down more I will. Hope I don't since the radio I got don't have a CD player so it's really short.

Last edited by lockman1; 04-12-2016 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Blue highlight
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 PM   #9
Aauman88
Gone Wild

Should be fine on dash then and the brake lights can't be dual brightness if only two wires. Would need a third wire to make them brighter when hitting brakes. Right now the blinker setup just cuts power in and out to flash and running lights are a constant power source. Hope it helps
Old 04-13-2016, 03:39 AM   #10
2001antivenom
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aauman88 View Post
Should be fine on dash then and the brake lights can't be dual brightness if only two wires. Would need a third wire to make them brighter when hitting brakes. Right now the blinker setup just cuts power in and out to flash and running lights are a constant power source. Hope it helps
You had me all nervous. lol. I just got home from work so I pulled the tail light out and it is 3 wires. I just need to put a jumper wire where the switch is and see if I have a bad switch. Thanks for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides