lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
jimwrench
Not Yet Wild

Default 73 Harley cart engine swap .

I have a 73 Harley cart with the two stroke engine . was thinking of swapping the 350cc 4 stroke engine from my 86 Honda atv into it , intending to use the cart at m/c rallies & such . Was wondering if anybody else has attempted this.
jimwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
Kplhdryder
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: 73 Harley cart engine swap .

Welcome to BGW. I haven't seen nor reviewed and types of threads discussing such a swap, or any attempts. I like it though, so be sure to keep us posted. Good Luck
Kplhdryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I don't think that sort of swap is real popular with the harley's. I think its been done more on other carts that perhaps have a basic design that more easily lends itself to that sort of swap. One thing that I think that makes it easier on some carts is some have a gearbox that lets you have reverse.
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
smkummer
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

It appears by the time you would get done, the work and issues involved would far outweigh the benefits of a 4 stroke or maybe more speed. 15-20 MPH feels fast enough for me. I have had my cart at motorcycle events and enthusiasts find it interesting that I point of the fact the this 2 stroke engine runs either forward or backwards. Often simple is good, or less is more. To some of the younger generation, its the first time they have seen a 2 stroke or points. We are becoming the older generation like it or not!
smkummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson