lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Yenko
Not Yet Wild

Default Hunting Buggie Help

I am in the market for a Hunting Buggy. I know I can convert a golf car/cart to one, but I would kinda like to buy one that is already set-up. I have been on a bunch of sites looking at the Bad Boy (not real impressed with price tag), Ruff and Tuff, Sniper, Stealth, Hunt VE, and the Beast. I am really not sure which specs outdo the others specs. I have no real world experiance with any of them. I would like some help on which one to give a closer look too. I know I can save some coin if I buy a used one, but honestly I have a neighbor that is either on idle or wide the heck open, and I am afraid of getting a buggy from someone like him, so new is the route I am looking at. Also, it will be down the road until I am ready to purchase, have to get past this Disney trip my wife has planned in October, that is going to hurt the check book enough.

Thanks for all of your help.....
Hank
Yenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Yenko
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hunting Buggie Help

How about the cost to build one out of a golf cart? I went to buggiesunlimited and priced alot of it out and if I did it that way and purchase a 2K golf car it seems like it would cost less that 5K even with the bigger motor and controller. That is an easy 2K to 3K less than the "Hunting Buggies". Do you need to extra torque motor and controller, there is one really good grade, like 30 degrees or more that I would need to go up on the hunting lease?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenko View Post
How about the cost to build one out of a golf cart? I went to buggiesunlimited and priced alot of it out and if I did it that way and purchase a 2K golf car it seems like it would cost less that 5K even with the bigger motor and controller. That is an easy 2K to 3K less than the "Hunting Buggies". Do you need to extra torque motor and controller, there is one really good grade, like 30 degrees or more that I would need to go up on the hunting lease?

Thanks
That BU word is off limits on here. We don't talk about"those" guys here.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

Yenko, I'm with you about some of the cart prices. I'd go buy a used two year old Ranger before I dropped the cash on a $10k golf cart. My cart's gas so I can't really speak to the capabilities of the electric carts, but our cart has served us well on our hunting lease. It's been in mud more than a couple of times and faired pretty well, until I fell off in someone else's Polaris Ranger ruts. Even then it wasn't bad getting it unstuck, but I plan on putting a light winch on the front of it so I can go without worry.

I think if you bought a cheap cart and got a lift and some tires to help your clearance, you'd be good to go.
FormerHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
Yenko
Not Yet Wild

That is kinda the route I was leaning towards. I, like you, would like to add a winch just in case. I am just worried about the motor not being "enough" on the one hill.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Once you buy an upgraded motor, and controller, you should have enough to get around well. I think you can upgrade these electric carts well enough to get around good on some pretty tough terrain. I wouldn't really go "looking" for mud in one of these things, but you should be fine. There are even some 4x4 conversion kits out there also. I'm in the process of making a hunting cart out of mine also. Most say that I am building it on the wrong platform of a cart (PDS), but I got it so cheap....only time will tell. I won't be climbing walls or anything with mine though. There is a field behind my neighborhood with some steeper ditches that I test mine sometimes, and it holds up well, even with this speed chip. I have a steep hill chip that I plan on running in it when I am hunting. Everything (f/r switch, controller, motor) on mine is stock, and it has a utility bed, 23" tires, and a 6" lift on it.

But I agree with you on the price tag of the other "hunting" carts out there. I know some people are looking for electric, but for that much money, I'm buying a Ranger or a Mule.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Yenko,

There is a golf cart shop in Brownwood Texas that makes huntin' buggies that he claims are unbeatable. With rewound motor, big tires & controller for around $5 or $6K.

They've got a website but that's all I know.

Happy Hunting.
Danny aka: SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Yenko,

Here is the website for the Hunting Buggies in Brownwood Texas:

http://www.initiative-tech.com
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

I love my hunting buggy. All the details are in the sig line - I upgraded to 48v and added the controller, everything else came on the buggie except for a few odds and ends. if you're going for a hunting buggy, go 48V. Huge difference.

No, I can't do everything the Ranger's, Rhino's, etc. can do - but then again they can;t sneak through the woods almost dead silent, with no gas or exhaust smell. I;ve seen more animals since I got my cart than... well ever.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
Yenko
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER View Post
Hey Yenko,

Here is the website for the Hunting Buggies in Brownwood Texas:

http://www.initiative-tech.com
During my search for info on the web I found a comparison if the above mentioned Buggy and a Bad Boy. Thanks for the link though, I will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
No, I can't do everything the Ranger's, Rhino's, etc. can do - but then again they can;t sneak through the woods almost dead silent, with no gas or exhaust smell. I;ve seen more animals since I got my cart than... well ever.
That is it, that is the main reason I want an electric buggy. I have a 4 Wheeler, but the noise and smell do not help my hunting at all. I also hate to haul a 4 Wheeler out to my lease just in case I shoot something, that hurts the gas milage bad on my Explorer. We do not drive 4 Wheelers on our lease during season because of the noise and smell, but if I had an electic buggy I could really cut down on the walk.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts