lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2023, 04:13 PM   #11
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo txt fleet lithium battery

Show me the plugs that plug into these two ports. You should have cell voltages on those plugs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3A1DFD22-B4A1-4442-A7ED-CEF5C2D9C18A.jpeg (196.3 KB, 0 views)
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2023, 06:53 AM   #12
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Show me the plugs that plug into these two ports. You should have cell voltages on those plugs.
Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A0F46C72-FCB8-4A24-947F-EA1616491049.jpg (159.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BA62F6A7-2ADD-42F8-B68E-9F3964CCBD46.jpg (149.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 24144E22-F452-4F5A-89D8-3B5E077F9E69.jpg (133.4 KB, 0 views)
Rkipker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:27 AM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, I believe those cables have the cell voltage taps (as well as temperature sensors) on them and you should be able to use them to wire in a new BMS. How experienced in electrical/electronics are you? Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use it?
Old 02-03-2023, 09:11 AM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You have to be careful not to short any of those pins together when testing for voltage! They look pretty close together. If it were me, I would take the enclosures apart and inspect things inside. Then I would make my own harness to a new BMS.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:08 PM   #15
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

The ezgo elite batteries communicate with the motor controller, it passes information like state of charge and how much current the controller can safely pull. Does your new controller have the can bus communication? if not I guess 10 minutes is all you are permitted without communication.
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:57 PM   #16
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

What Volt_Ampare said, and I was getting to that. If you do decide to start probing, do not short the pins. If you can, disassemble the pack, if you can’t, then the plugs/leads can be used.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:36 PM   #17
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
The ezgo elite batteries communicate with the motor controller, it passes information like state of charge and how much current the controller can safely pull. Does your new controller have the can bus communication? if not I guess 10 minutes is all you are permitted without communication.
The stock controller that was in the cart was toast. I installed a navitas controller and the battery started shutting down every 10 minutes. Sounds like the battery bms may be ok but dependent on a Curtis controller. With that said I plan to use a navitas controller in my project cart and hoped to use this battery.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:39 PM   #18
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Yes, I believe those cables have the cell voltage taps (as well as temperature sensors) on them and you should be able to use them to wire in a new BMS. How experienced in electrical/electronics are you? Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use it?
I have a multimeter and above average skills.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:09 AM   #19
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok then. Keep in mind the warning about shorting the pins.

Put the multimeter negative lead on the main post negative and start probing the pins. Being a Samsung battery I would “ASSUME” NMC chemistry, but I may be wrong. Depending on charge state, each cell will be somewhere between about 3v and 4v, even if it is LiFePO4. You should be able to identify each cell tap as the voltage will commence at the 3-4v for the first tap, then increase by the same amount for each successive tap. The last tap will be the same as the main battery positive voltage. You will find a few at 0v, one will probably be the battery negative and the others probably temperature probes.

Once you’ve identified which pin/wire is which you can use them to wire in a new generic BMS.

With the pins that measure 0v, you can turn the multimeter to ohms and identify which one of them is connected to the battery negative terminal.

Let us know how you go, reporting how many voltage taps you’ve found and the full battery voltage. This will help identify the chemistry and which BMS you should purchase.

Tags
samsung sdi
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO