lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Default Programming Software help needed

I have my cord, CanUsb, software, the car on and am having an issue. I first got the missing “canusbdrv.dll” message...which I took care of with ATrains notes by putting that file which I downloaded into the correct folder for the software program.

Now that I did the the NEOS program will open up but it has all options greyed out except for “Monitor for PC”. I know I need to get to “Tuning” but it’s greyed out. I seem to recall someone else had this situation but I can’t seem to find that thread with a solution. Is there something else I didn’t move or download?
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2021, 04:17 PM   #2
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Software help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH711 View Post
I have my cord, CanUsb, software, the car on and am having an issue. I first got the missing “canusbdrv.dll” message...which I took care of with ATrains notes by putting that file which I downloaded into the correct folder for the software program.

Now that I did the the NEOS program will open up but it has all options greyed out except for “Monitor for PC”. I know I need to get to “Tuning” but it’s greyed out. I seem to recall someone else had this situation but I can’t seem to find that thread with a solution. Is there something else I didn’t move or download?
I'm no computer guy but I have a few things to consider.

1. As long as the neos software boots up and you are not getting an error message I would guess your issue is on the cable side of things.

2. There is a led light in the canusb that will light up either red or green. Is your light in when you have everything plugged in and turned on? Obviously you are going for the green light. This will let you know you are good to go. I think if the red light is in I sensed that the order in which I hooked everything up and turned things on were wrong. To fix this I just started over from the beginning and that solved the issue.

3. If you aren't getting a red or green light I would make sure that the molex pins are in the right spots and all wire connections are secure.

When I started my programming journey I downloaded the wrong drivers. When I started the neos program I got an error message. Like I said before I would assume that since you are able to start neos that would mean you have the correct drivers installed and therefore it's a cable issue.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:23 PM   #3
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Order of operations:

1. Plug molex into controller port.
2. Plug USB into computer.
3. Turn on cart.
4. Start neos program.

You should see canbus led lights come on.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

It flashes green when you first plug it in...but goes out from there. I think it’s the drivers. When I first tried it I got the error message and then loaded in the missing dll. When I put in the dll then I was able to fire up the program but with the greyed out stuff. Exactly like Stano7 reported:
He said -
(Found the issue. Had to do some research on the CANUSB manufacturer website. I found a link to an updated chipset driver. I pasted below it is if anyone else is having the same issue. Connected right away after download.)
https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/

However...when I go to that link it is very confusing. Maybe he can answer what to pick and what to do with it. I’m not sure if it’s the same stuff I have that I got the dll file from the ATrain led us to called:
CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified
If it is the same...what other files do I add other than ftd2xx.dll which was the missing dll?
Old 04-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #5
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Order of operations:

1. Plug molex into controller port.
2. Plug USB into computer.
3. Turn on cart.
4. Start neos program.

You should see canbus led lights come on.
Thanks. I just tried that order. When I started NEOS program it still has the same greyed out stuff...other than Monitor.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:07 PM   #6
ATrain
Gone Wild

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...9&postcount=14

When you plug the USB in, it -should- automatically install the drivers, but it doesn't always.

Open "device manager" on your computer and I bet there's a yellow "?" Next to it. Just use the same download you did before and manually install the drivers.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:20 PM   #7
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...9&postcount=14

When you plug the USB in, it -should- automatically install the drivers, but it doesn't always.

Open "device manager" on your computer and I bet there's a yellow "?" Next to it. Just use the same download you did before and manually install the drivers.
Yes there is a “?” And I can see it says there are no drivers. So I did just what you said and was able to get the drivers in. Yay! I am charging the cart now so I will try it in the morning and report back. Thanks much!
Old 04-17-2021, 08:09 PM   #8
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Programming Software help needed

Quote:
Yes there is a “?” And I can see it says there are no drivers. So I did just what you said and was able to get the drivers in. Yay! I am charging the cart now so I will try it in the morning and report back. Thanks much!
Great news!
Old 04-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #9
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I tried it this morning and the program fired up and is working!
Thanks again for everyone’s help.
Old 11-25-2023, 10:51 AM   #10
raed
Not Yet Wild

Hi,
I already use NEOS software, but I formatted my laptop and when I installed the program again It didn't work. The CANUSB lights green when I open the program and read some parameters in the Tuning but gives an Error in diagnosis, I attached screenshots for the program and device manager. What is the problem? I checked on two different laptops and 2 controllers and got the same problem!
Thanks in advance.

https://we.tl/t-ZFPyrw70ow
raed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon