lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
Jorylee
Not Yet Wild

Default ICON i40 Horn No Working

I recently purchased a Icon i40 and, unfortunately when I got it home, I found that the horn was not working. Although I could take it back to the dealer to resolve, I was hoping to avoid having to borrow a trailer to haul it back over there. I found the horn under the front of the cart and while under the cart noticed there was a male and female connector that were not joined together. I also looked under the cup holder and found three wires that were not connected to anything. I suspect that the horn has been disconnected or was never connected at the factory when it was built. My question is; First, does the horn wiring connect to the connection block under the cup holder? Second, is there a male/female white connector for the horn under the front of the cart? I plan to call the dealer today to see if he disconnected the horn himself. It could be that he did that to avoid having children honking the horn inside the store. I'll let you know what I hear from the dealer and add relevant pics if I resolve the problem. Thanks in advance for the assist.
Jorylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: ICON i40 Horn No Working

Let's start with the basics here first. Are you pushing the horn icon in the center of the wheel? They usually wire it to the button on the end of the turn signal. Did you try pressing that?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
Virjose
Not Yet Wild

As ATrain mentioned, the horn is at the end of the side stalk (where your signals are). I will say though that I wish sometimes the horn was in the middle of the steering wheel as I’ve honked accidentally a few times when moving around the cart as the end of the stalk area is easy to press by mistake.
Virjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #4
Jorylee
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback. I stopped into the dealers shop and he said the button in the middle of the steering wheel is not wired. Not sure why the manufacturer would have a horn button with a horn graphic on it and then not make it operational. He did point out the horn button on the end of the blinker stick, which is working. I do appreciate ya'll responding to my post.
Jorylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorylee View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I stopped into the dealers shop and he said the button in the middle of the steering wheel is not wired. Not sure why the manufacturer would have a horn button with a horn graphic on it and then not make it operational. He did point out the horn button on the end of the blinker stick, which is working. I do appreciate ya'll responding to my post.
I'm just glad you didn't start pulling wires apart and things lol! Glad it was an easy "fix".
Old 04-07-2021, 05:20 PM   #6
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I’m just amazed with all the searching around the dash he didn’t accidentally hit it. I hit it at least 3 times whenever I’m in the cart
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorylee View Post
I recently purchased a Icon i40 and, unfortunately when I got it home, I found that the horn was not working. Although I could take it back to the dealer to resolve, I was hoping to avoid having to borrow a trailer to haul it back over there. I found the horn under the front of the cart and while under the cart noticed there was a male and female connector that were not joined together. I also looked under the cup holder and found three wires that were not connected to anything. I suspect that the horn has been disconnected or was never connected at the factory when it was built. My question is; First, does the horn wiring connect to the connection block under the cup holder? Second, is there a male/female white connector for the horn under the front of the cart? I plan to call the dealer today to see if he disconnected the horn himself. It could be that he did that to avoid having children honking the horn inside the store. I'll let you know what I hear from the dealer and add relevant pics if I resolve the problem. Thanks in advance for the assist.
BTW the horn button on the steering wheel is functional. I pulled the steering wheel apart awhile ago and did see two male spade connectors under the button. I was actually thinking about wiring it up at some point.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #8
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
BTW the horn button on the steering wheel is functional. I pulled the steering wheel apart awhile ago and did see two male spade connectors under the button. I was actually thinking about wiring it up at some point.
This is good to know!! I want to wire mine up to something fun like maybe one of those la cucaracha horns.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:27 AM   #9
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Did you ever end up wiring this?
zmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #10
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

the wiring for the horn is external to the steering column. The steering column is solid. To prevent the wiring from getting wrapped around the column you would either have to make some kind of contact apparatus (like contact plates maybe?) or drill into the column so the wiring is in the center.

There's a dude that sells a wireless horn kit and seems to use the steering wheel horn but his video and stuff seems kind of shady. I prefer transparency.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...9311751780628/

his video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR5pm-ZxL9A
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horn connection, horn wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon