lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
Frazier
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery life

Have a 2013 Tomberlin and i can only get around 6 miles out of a charge? Any suggestions why it drains the battery life so quick?
Frazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery life

I have a 2012 and have no problems with the charge lasting. I run it on a 5 mile round trip including 18 holes of golf and it only shows about 20% used on the gauge. There are a lot of things that can contribute to the problem. It can take about 10 discharge/recharge cycles for new batteries to "break in". I would suspect something fritz on the charger. Those Trojan 875s are a great battery and unless there is a bad one in the mix would rule them out. How is your speed 18/19 in low and 25/26 in high??? What response, if any, are you getting from the dealer? You might have a controller problem that they can scope out in a hurry. Sounds as thought the warranty should come into play to help find the problem. Good luck
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
Frazier
Not Yet Wild

bought it used so no dealer but this battery life has me supicious because its now twice and I've seemed to eat up the life quick> I will discharge them a few times to see if that helps but it has 400 miles so i would think the break in is over?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
Frazier
Not Yet Wild

The speed its good but witch is high and witch is low ? first click or second?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

what batteries? are they 36v or 48v how many batteries?

how long does it take for the batteries to fully charge? how low are the batteries before you recharge volts, need to take some volt readings and post the readings here, take pack volts, and each battery volt, take readings after the batteries have been fully charged, and have been at rest for 12 hours off the charger, after the charger turned off by it's self,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tomberlin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin