lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
JJohnston
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 ds iq goes 4-5mph

I have a 2005 ds 48volt iq. When I press the go pedal it takes about 2/3 of travel before the solenoid clicks and I start moving. I take off fast but only get up to 4 or 5 mph on the GPS. Batteries test fine under load. Speed sensor test seems fine but I get the same speed with or without it plugged in. Is there any way to test the MCOR with fluke meter? Also, can I test the speed sensor for resistance or continuity or is that a waste of time? Any ideas would be helpful, I am new to golf carts but have successfully used this forum to get the cart running. Thanks in advance.
JJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 ds iq goes 4-5mph

. . . read thru the below thread and try the resolution Tahoe mentions in Post #13 and see if that fixes your issue . . .

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ows-crawl.html <---click me
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

One time I let my 2003 DS IQ roll down a hill without pressing brake or go pedal, just to see what the roll away motor braking would do. It would not let the cart roll very fast. Then when I got ready to go I pressed the go pedal and it would only go really slow. It had went into limp mode. I turned the tow / run switch to tow, waited about 30 sec. And put it back to run and everything was fine. It was one those duh moments.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
JJohnston
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. MCOR shaft was the problem. 1/4 tubing on the prong fixed the problem now I get 20mph
JJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnston View Post
Thanks for the help. MCOR shaft was the problem. 1/4 tubing on the prong fixed the problem now I get 20mph
. . . leave it like that or you can purchase a new GO Pedal and MCOR input shaft for about $35 from CC dealer . . .
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . leave it like that or you can purchase a new GO Pedal and MCOR input shaft for about $35 from CC dealer . . .
Steve have you ever experienced this? I've never had to change a pedal or a drive bar. It's the 1011694 accelerator bracket assy and the pivot rods that cause the slop in my experience.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Steve have you ever experienced this? I've never had to change a pedal or a drive bar. It's the 1011694 accelerator bracket assy and the pivot rods that cause the slop in my experience.
. . . yes, my cart (06 DS) had wear on the mating surface of the GO Pedal/MCOR shaft and the MCOR input shaft had slight wear . . . combined, the wear was sufficient that the cart would not move until the GO Pedal was depressed about 1/2 way or so . . only need about 1/32-1/16" wear to affect the accelerator response and top end . . . all other accelerator bracket assy parts were fine and tight . . . replaced my GO Pedal and MCOR input shaft and problem resolved . . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car