lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
cptaylor
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Jerking at low speed

96 EZGO TXT.

Been working at it for a while, almost got it done. Anyway, after installing new battery packs, I noticed several things. One was the F&R switch was bad. Replaced that. Next, noticed that some cables were getting hot. checked all connections, good and tight, so I replaced all cables with 4AWG wire. All run cool to the touch now. Cart really is doing good except at low speed. So If I'm barely pressing the pedal and trying to ease into a spot, it starts jerking. The solenoid is engaging and disenaging. Full speed this thing really moves. Moves to fast, almost like it's either fully on or off.

It was stated to me that it was doing this before I began restoring, so I didn't cross any wires during upgrade. I did some searches here, found a few things, but can't figure how to troubleshoot this one. Tires off the ground it doesn't want to do it.
cptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO Jerking at low speed

Try putting the heel of your foot firmly on the floor of the cart, and using the ball or toe of your foot to press the pedal. Not trying to be a wise-guy, i have really seen this many times. (driving with heel "floating")
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Download the manuals from the stickies, and check your throttle adjustment. The microswitch may be engaging late, meaning your throttle isn't at 0% when it kicks on the solenoid.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

go with yurtle
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'll go with both.
Could be some of each, but the solenoid engaging and disengaging does point to pedal switch being out of adjustment.

Also, if you have a programmable controller, you might want to tame down the throttle up ramp a bit and select a less aggressive throttle response curve.

Spinning tires and doing wheelies are fun, but those kind of controller settings make parking in confined spaces difficult.

When I first drove my cart with the new controller and motor, it seemed like it was all or nothing until I tamed down the controller settings.
I still get a little surging at lower speeds on rougher terrain, but I've had SWMBO what my foot and she says it moves, so I'm pretty sure it's me rather than the cart doing it.

--------
Quick check on the throttle/ITS: You should be able to push the pedal a little ways before solenoid clicks and then a little ways further before carts starts to move.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
cptaylor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'll go with both.
Could be some of each, but the solenoid engaging and disengaging does point to pedal switch being out of adjustment.

Also, if you have a programmable controller, you might want to tame down the throttle up ramp a bit and select a less aggressive throttle response curve.

Spinning tires and doing wheelies are fun, but those kind of controller settings make parking in confined spaces difficult.

When I first drove my cart with the new controller and motor, it seemed like it was all or nothing until I tamed down the controller settings.
I still get a little surging at lower speeds on rougher terrain, but I've had SWMBO what my foot and she says it moves, so I'm pretty sure it's me rather than the cart doing it.

--------
Quick check on the throttle/ITS: You should be able to push the pedal a little ways before solenoid clicks and then a little ways further before carts starts to move.
I don't think mine is programmable, how can I tell?

There is a writeup or a diagram on proper testing and adjustment of the ITS, but I cannot find it....know where the writeup or diagram is located?
cptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

In the Stickies.

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Old 09-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptaylor View Post
I don't think mine is programmable, how can I tell?
What is the make/model of controller? A picture will suffice if you can't find a label.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My post was just for the ITS adjustment. There's a section in the service manual.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO