lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
3wheelingfool
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1992 Yamaha G9 Gas cart will not start

I drove my Yamaha G9 into my garage for the winter. I even started it in neutral several times to keep the battery charged. Now that the weather is getting nicer here, i went to start it and when I push the pedal I hear a click and it does not turn over. I checked the battery and it had over 12 volts. So it's not the battery.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should check next?
3wheelingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 Yamaha G9 Gas cart will not start

Wire issues are common. Mine did that and it was the clamps on the battery cables. I cleaned them it still did it. Finally had to take a file and file the battery posts and inside of clamps then it was fine. It can also be where the cables hook to the gen, check those connections first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 Yamaha G9 Gas cart will not start

I agree with sho, clean all your connections from battery all the way to starter if you have too. Have had this happen many times.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha