lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Duro tires?

My cart is a 2003 CC that is registered and insured as an LSV. Has a GE Bad boy high speed motor, 00 amp controller etc. Also going with an 8" lift, 12" wheels, and 25 or 26" tires. This cart is going to be 100% street or once in a blue moon hard pack flat surface dirt. Was hoping to go with something like 25" or 26" diameter front and rear. The front being 8" wide and the rear being anywhere from 10-12" wide.

Im trying to find a good tire. Something that is street freindly. Have been told by many that Carlisle All trails wear very well on the street and the tread pattern isnt annoying. I have stumbled upon "DURO Top Fighter tires" These are primarily used for ATV's on street or Super moto racing.

Has anyone used these tires? Do they last? and pros or cons to these that anyone has expereince with them?

So, Any experienced recommnedations welcomed!
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Duro tires?

I have the ALL Trails on my lifted cart and really like them. That cart is street legal and has been driven on pavement quite a bit and look like new still. Another similar tire is the Desert Duros and I hear that they are lighter than the All Trails. I am not familiar with the tires you speak of, but Duros are good tires. I have some Duro Excel Touring tires on my lowered cart:
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I have Desert Duros on one cart and Carlisles on the other. Both are fine on the street, but the Duros have to be aired down in soft sand. If you're going to be on hard surfaces all the time I think the Duros are a little better choice because I think they are quieter. But that's just my opinion.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Actually the tires I have been looking at are made by Duro and called "Scorchers".

They are a tire that is typically used on ATV usually raced on Supermotard tracks. My cart will be 99% street and if Im ever on dirt it will typically be hard pack so these should work great. Im just wondering if anyone ever used them yet?
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Lostwave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have duro Scorchers on my Street cart. 22x10x10. They work great and look killer. The only problem is getting them mounted. It cost $50 to get them mounted at an ATV shop, and that was after going to 10 different shops who said they couldn't do 10" rims. But with the 12 inch rims, that shouldn't be a problem.
Lostwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!