lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Wilson got "Dyno'd!

Went to a small car show in an alley behind "Austin's Promax". They asked us to bring a few carts and asked if I'd like my cart dyno'd. They were only asking 20.00 to anyone that wanted to do it. When I got there Wilson was already on the tubb's! Guess the guy's running the dyno wanted to see what it would do. So I warmed it up, they straped it down, a "thumbs up" and "nail it"! Thought I was going to blow it up My Vapor tach (it looked like to me was reading 6500rpm! Sutdown and get the news. 18 HP at the rear wheels. I was disappointed, but when the guy's said at 40% (loss thru clutchs/rearend and tires)...25HP. HMM.. So 20 hp engine/cam/rev kit/advanced timing key, crappy carb...not bad. Everyone loved Wilson. It was taped and I will be notified when and were to find on youtube. If this peanut brain can figure out how to do it, I'll post it here. Here's some nice cars at the show (1965 and older) didn't stay for the burnout contest, but that would have been a HOOT! Later Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_0808Image0001 (Small).JPG (65.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0808Image0002 (Small).JPG (53.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0808Image0003 (Small).JPG (56.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0808Image0004 (Small).JPG (79.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0808Image0006 (Small).JPG (71.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by smallblock450sl; 08-08-2009 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: forgot the pic's
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wilson got "Dyno'd!

thats cool Dave
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hmmmmmmm.....good to know!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Went to a small car show in an alley behind "Austin's Promax". They asked us to bring a few carts and asked if I'd like my cart dyno'd. They were only asking 20.00 to anyone that wanted to do it. When I got there Wilson was already on the tubb's! Guess the guy's running the dyno wanted to see what it would do. So I warmed it up, they straped it down, a "thumbs up" and "nail it"! Thought I was going to blow it up My Vapor tach (it looked like to me was reading 6500rpm! Sutdown and get the news. 18 HP at the rear wheels. I was disappointed, but when the guy's said at 40% (loss thru clutchs/rearend and tires)...25HP. HMM.. So 20 hp engine/cam/rev kit/advanced timing key, crappy carb...not bad. Everyone loved Wilson. It was taped and I will be notified when and were to find on youtube. If this peanut brain can figure out how to do it, I'll post it here. Here's some nice cars at the show (1965 and older) didn't stay for the burnout contest, but that would have been a HOOT! Later Dave
cool Dave.id like to see that:
if you see the video just copy the address in the address bar of your browser and then start a new thread and paste it in that little world with glasses on in the message header....later Ken
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Dave, is the dyno outfit local? talk to them about sponsorship, free dyno time does not cost them much but it is the diferance between compeating and wining. We always promoted our dyno sponsor very heavly, decals on sleds, handouts, and word of mouth.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A dyno will not make horsepower but it will help you fine every thing you have.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock98 View Post
cool Dave.id like to see that:
if you see the video just copy the address in the address bar of your browser and then start a new thread and paste it in that little world with glasses on in the message header....later Ken
WHAT? Paste? Glasses? Maybe I can get one of you guy's to help when it shows up. Remember...You can tune a piano, but not a fish
Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
WHAT? Paste? Glasses? Maybe I can get one of you guy's to help when it shows up. Remember...You can tune a piano, but not a fish
i cant either.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Thanks guy's! It was a blast! The only thing better would be a run down the track!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Cool Dave. This additional info on "Wilson" might help with the sell. Glad you had time and oppertunity to do this. Food for thought for all of us.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!