lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
brenth560
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 Club Car Snubber Mount Extension for 6" Lift

Installing a steeling 6" lift on my 1992 Club Car.

I have the engine pulled out of the cart and need to figure out how to modify the snubber mount to accommodate for the engine offset that the lift will create.

It appears the newer carts have the snubber mount bolted on so you can easily add an extension piece.

However, my 92 is welded on and not as easy to modify. I am thinking I would need to extend the mount at least 2 inches higher for the 6" lift.

Please share if you have modified the 1992 snubber mount.

I have found a few images of what others have done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (352.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (70.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 43E42DD7-8EA5-461A-8918-8F084A823CFA-5554-00000C343B6820FE.jpg (42.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (72.9 KB, 0 views)
brenth560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car Snubber Mount Extension for 6" Lift

Bend a piece of steel into a "C" shape that is the same width as the part that enters the pocket on the snubber. Drill and bolt the newly bent C shape to the existing welded on bracket. Simple and quick. I would use the same thickness material as the existing plate.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:07 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I wish I would have thought of that when my buddy did his 94!
he ground the existing mount off, and welded a longer one on...
Not an easy task with the cradle still in the cart!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
brenth560
Not Yet Wild

We bent up the existing mount using a couple of pipe wrenches. We plan to drill two holes in the straightened existing mount and add a piece of angle iron that will hold the snubber. From what I have read the drop needs to be 2.5in but we measure around 3.5 for the engine to be level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191023_202155.jpg (212.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191023_205658.jpg (198.2 KB, 0 views)
brenth560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenth560 View Post
We bent up the existing mount using a couple of pipe wrenches. We plan to drill two holes in the straightened existing mount and add a piece of angle iron that will hold the snubber. From what I have read the drop needs to be 2.5in but we measure around 3.5 for the engine to be level.
Thank you sir! your pic answered a question I was just about to ask as in how "level" the motor should be after a lift. This is my first CC so I get to claim dummy points lol. Mine is tilted pretty good. I shall pull out the welder and get on it!
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK so lots of new questions now that I've kinda hijacked this thread... sorry. Took my snubber mount off and the engine 1: is just hanging there and didn't drop but maybe an inch. 2: I can push the engine down but with a fair amount of resistence. (most notably I can see the front of the rear leaf spring flex as the pinion angle changes likely I'm fighting that... And lastly and most importantly my intake hose will no longer go on carb as a result of hitting the electrical box... What, if anything else, needs to be disassembled to get more drop out of the engine? Is it even worth the bother? It's been running fine and functioning fine as is. What if any benefit would I gain from this? Turning out to be more of a project than just fabbing a new drop.
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car