lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #1
Godfather1960
Gone Wild

Default Icon golf carts

Thinking about buying this one

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...996174904.html
Godfather1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Icon golf carts

Dont know much about them , its a gamble when you step outside the big 3. Granted looking at it theres not much to upgrade left but what happens if theres a motor or controller issue a few years down the line.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I am also unfamiliar with this cart, I have never work on one of these yet. I don't think they can be called a Clone due to the Toyota drive system. I feel that most Golf Cart Shops could work on them. However some shops may demand a premium because its not from the big 3.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Usually the china carts have issues with parts availability for repair and lack of aftermarket accessories.

Pretend like you own this cart and see if you can find parts for consumables like brake parts or spring bushings etc. Also see if you can find replacements for things that might break like windshields or suspension parts, bearings etc.

Does icon have dealer support you can access. What happens if local dealer stops carrying icon?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #5
Godfather1960
Gone Wild

Alot of good points brought up ..Ill stick to club car thanks to all
Godfather1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:35 AM   #6
Carts4you
Getting Wild

looking at these ICON cars and interested in finding out more from people that have tested, purchased or are dealers for their products. what is the experience with the cars and customer service? purchasing parts? anything regarding this brand. seems like a much better product than other China cars. appreciate the info.

Thanks
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:14 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Searching on line I only find one dealer: https://www.baysidecustomcarts.com/. Even the Icon website does not have a link to direct you to local dealers. Like most all of the China carts it looks good, lots of features, low price for all those features - but there is no dealer network to back you up. The one dealer I can find is fine if you stay in the Tampa FL area, but will they still be there in a year or two when you need parts or repair? Search out the experiences people have had with Zone, Fairplay, Star and other made in China" carts. With the Toyota drivetrain they MIGHT be OK, but it's a gamble I would not take.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:01 AM   #8
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Thanks Meimk. Met the owner and visited the facility. Car drove nice. Good handling, braking with four disc brakes. They do not really have a troubleshooting manual and the toyota controller can be scanned using a software on a computer. But they say Toyota does not provide a manual for it. Concern is more the support on electrical matters and parts. Just like any other Chinese product. It definitely is a gamble but must say the car is pretty **** nice.
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree most any of the Chinese carts pack a lot of features. I will say these are different in that they appear to be based on the Yamaha chassis instead of the EZGO that the others have tended to use. I like the Toyota connection, but wonder what long term commitment they have. It certainly helps that you are close to the dealer. Maybe they will expand, but for now I'm 1000+ miles away - which would make it a no go for me. I do hope it works out well for you.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts