lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2019, 07:24 AM   #11
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Default Re: Vegas 625 fuel delivery problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
More likely there is trash in the float bowl than anything else. These are very simple carbs with just the float,spring, float valve itself and the jets. Not much to go wrong other than trash causing an issue. Remember these golf cart tanks are plastic and seem to shed some elements over time and not to mention how many of us clean all around the fill port when refueling ? If you are really intent on a new carb Russell Thompson at NRracing sells a whole lone of clone and original honda modified for top performance. All those would be a straight bolt in. Up the scale would be a mikuni unit but that requires fabbing up some linkage.
Thanks again Ray. So would you even bother ordering a new carb? It's just so new is why I'm surprised. I was running the fuel through two filters as well. I ran my EZGO carb for 8 years and cleaned it once...
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I would be very surprised if there is anything wrong with your carb. IF you are planning more mods I would get a carb with an adjustable main jet and idle circuit. Getting the engine tuned to perfection yields some very nice results.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:47 AM   #13
rjwenter
Getting Wild

I'm not really planning on doing any other upgrades, but I'm not opposed to putting on a better carb since I have to take this one off anyway. Is there any particular carb you would recommend?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:08 AM   #14
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I don't believe the carburetor is broken - after reading this thread all the way through, I think it's plugged. Dirt and water are a problem using gas cans to fuel our rides. Fuel is about 55 - 60 degrees coming out of a underground tank. On a hot day it could create moisture to gather in the gas just as moisture gathers on a Coke bottle.
The 24mm carb on the 625cc VC engine is a good dependable carb with only one real problem. The idle circuit has a fixed adjustment needle epoxied into position.
I'd disassemble the carb and clean it and make sure nothing is plugged. If possible change out the fixed main jet to an adjustable jet, this will make it adjustable for power under a load.
Replacing the carburetor in my opinion would be a waste of money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6282.JPG (235.4 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Thanks for your input Shepard. Thing is I always drive the cart to the gas station since it's not that far away. Hopefully it is just plugged with something. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Just take the bottom off the carb, clean that bowl out, spray carb cleaner up the center main jet, spray up the idle jet hole if it is there. Make sure the float goes down and the valve there is opening, actually you can turn the engine over and fuel should come out. Often that fixes them, put the bowl on and go.

With the pulse pumps they lose prime they don't like to pick it up. If you notice most carts you fill the tank the fuel level is over the carb, so it will actually feed itself to the pump and to the carb, prime itself. Then it works to bottom of tank long as it does not lose prime (leak air, etc).

I would tell you to get a scooter carb they work better, however the way carts are they are difficult to setup you about have to make or buy an intake and then fab up an airbox it is a pain. I did and my carb is over the cylinder on front of engine now, very easy to change or clean, and not a lawn carb either.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #17
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Thanks for all the help. After cleaning the carb and blowing out the lines I did manage to get the cart up and running again. I've probably run it for another two hours or so. I installed the walboro fuel pump listed earlier in the threat (thanks Amazon Prime). One thing I am noticing is that I am sometimes getting a tiny bit of fuel coming through the pulse line from the engine side. Is this anything I need to be concerned about? What causes this? I've seen mention of oil in the pulse line and what the cause is, but I couldn't find anything about fuel in the pulse line. As always I appreciate the help :)
Old 10-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I'm not familiar with the Walboro pump, but fuel is not supposed to get into the pulse line. If it's a diaphragm pump, maybe the diaphragm is damaged?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:14 AM   #19
rjwenter
Getting Wild

The fuel is actually coming up through the pulse line from the engine, it's not coming down the pulse line from the pump. It is barely a trickle and not always present. Just puzzling.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It might be a certain amount of blow by. I am not sure how the 625 is vented. You might want to investigate there.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!