lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
Carl752
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 ezgo 3pg intermittent no start

ok guys looking for some help, I have a 92 3pg ezgo here for a customer that is giving me a fit, most of the time it takes right off and runs good but once in awhile it just cranks, forward and reverse, mayb trying to start slightly but then just cranks, and I can smell the gas so I know its getting fuel, here is a list of everything that has been done,
new carb
new pump
all new seals and gaskets in engine/ compression good
new plug multiple times
new volt reg
rebuilt starter gen
new battery
lines r all good

acts like it looses spark but every time I check it it has spark, carb isn't running over with fuel,

originally it seemed like if we hooked up our booster pack it would run, found volt reg wasn't putting enough out, so I replaced it, then it we had 15v when running with battery weak, would start whit jumper box then took it of to check if it was charging, all seemed good, then seemed like battery was getting weak, would crank but not start, volts would drop to like 9v while cranking, so I figured battery was no good put new battery in it ran great, then last night wouldn't start in rev, put in forw and it would go and then die, back to rev, still nothing, got mad let it set got on this morning took right off, working ok for now? very puzzled! lol loosing my mind over it, or at least what I have left! thank you in advance
Carl752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 ezgo 3pg intermittent no start

I would think ripped lower diaphragm in the fuel pump, but you already replaced that.

Clean the grounds good.
Make sure there is a grounding cable from the engine to the frame.
Clean the FnR copper lugs. It can be taken apart.
Check plug wire, and ignition coil.

Maybe think about doing this. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...3pg-carts.html
It should be less than 50 bucks.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
Carl752
Not Yet Wild

all old parts were test bad before replacing with new ones, still has spark when not starting seems to be filing plugs, I'm pretty sure I only have it mixed at 100/1
Carl752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You said compression was good what exactly did it have?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
emanon6
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 ezgo 3pg intermittent no start

If it quits working that quickly/intermittently and then starts working again, it has to be losing spark or gas. If the engine (top or bottom end) was shot, it probably wouldn't run strong, when it does run.

Make sure it has spark on the instances when it doesn't start. Make sure your choke is adjusted and make sure the sucker straw that goes down into the gas tank is attached to the 90* fitting that the fuel line attaches to and make sure that your gas tank can breath. I replaced seals and had one pop out, behind the fan, and made my fuel pump quit pumping.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emanon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO