lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default 06 Precedent cutting in and out

Batteries only a couple years old and cart well taken care of. It sat in my barn for most of the winter plugged into the charger and now and then I would go out and unplug it and plug it back in to get it to recharge more often. Voltage checks of the batteries are good and good at the pack also, both just after taking it off the charger and after riding it around a bit. The issue is when I press the go pedal and am riding along, I can feel it lose power and then it will come back and it does this over and over without moving my foot on the pedal at all. I have also disconnected the pack and let it sit for a while to try and reset. Just wondering what the likely issue is and/or where to look first, second, etc.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
Fieldview07CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 Precedent cutting in and out

I have an 07 Precedent that I just bought that is doing the same thing. Occurs when the pedal is partially depressed and is more apparent when going uphill. Once it gets up to speed it's fine.

Did you figure out what the issue was with yours?
Fieldview07CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

With the key off, work the accelerator pedal up and down 25 to 30 times real fast. Sometimes the MCOR gets a bit dirty inside and doing this will clean off the contacts. If the MCOR is the problem, this will clear it up for a while.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like you both need to replace MCORs...... Use this guide to find out which one you need..... It should be an MCOR2 in pre 2008 cars unless the pedal assembly has been changed.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...explained.html
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
Fieldview07CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After pumping the accelerator, it seems to have improved. I think a new MCOR is in my future though. Thanks so much for the feedback. So happy I found this forum!!!
Fieldview07CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldview07CC View Post
After pumping the accelerator, it seems to have improved. I think a new MCOR is in my future though. Thanks so much for the feedback. So happy I found this forum!!!
Awesome. Keep in mind this fix is only temporary and the problem is just going to get worse.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #7
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep, once it starts it doesn't go away until it's replaced. But it is a quick and easy way to see if that's the problem.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #8
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldview07CC View Post

Did you figure out what the issue was with yours?
I didn't get a response in this thread for so long, I just stopped coming back to look. Been a busy spring/summer so far - my daughter graduated from college, my son graduate's high school next week, had to help move my daughter from one city to another, and I have sold 3 vehicles and bought 2 others since first posting this thread. Needless to say, other than making sure the batteries stay topped off, the cart has been neglected with respect to this issue. I have ridden it short distances a couple of times since first realizing the problem and it hasn't gone away. However, one time I rode it long enough that it seemed to go away temporarily as if it "warmed up" or something. So, I'll give the pumping the pedal a bunch of times a try and see if it helps. I don't mind replacing the MCOR or whatever is wrong as long as I can be fairly certain that's what the problem is. I don't want to continuously chase in issue by buying and replacing one part after another. So, I looked at Tahoe's thread and now need to double check to see which pedal assembly I have. I am fairly certain it's a Gen 1 which means I'd need an MCOR 2 right? So, where is the best place to get one of these online (no dealers around here) and how difficult is the install?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:45 PM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tahoe has about the best price on them. Revolution golf carts.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

SaltLife... There are pics on the thread in the sticky of both pedal groups. If you have Gen1 pedals, your only option is a new MCOR2. The MCOR4 conversion kit will only fit on a Gen2 pedal assembly. Mgray just told you the best place to buy one.

Installation is very easy. Pull the floormat up and remove the four torx bolts holding the pedal assembly into the cart. Lift pedal assembly out and remove the MCOR2. It has 2 bolts holding it on. You can get to them with a 1/4" drive ratchet with a 5/16" socket on it. The wiring is two simple plugs. Very simple job.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car