lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Need advice on G16 shocks with lift

Got a 6" Jakes A-arm lift for a few years now and from trail riding to snow plowing my front suspension is sagging /\. Looks to be worn shocks. I installed collars when the lift kit was installed on the shock springs to beef them up and help but since then they are just too worn and the ride and steering is not as good.

I read through many post regarding ATV/UTV shocks and aftermarket so I kinda have an idea but still unsure. I've seen a few post where some have taken the rear G16 shocks HD and used them on the front suspension which greatly seemed to help with the Jakes' lift.

Any thoughts on this or anyone else try the swap? I'm considering going this route more so than trying to find ATV/UTV shocks to work.

I believe the rear shocks on the G16 is 14" eye to eye? The front is about 12-3/4" eye to eye so I should gain about 2" of lift. The Jakes also has adjustment shock mounts if the the shocks throw it out of camber I believe.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts