lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Chrysler ignition module and voltage regulator on g2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims72 View Post
as far as using a ford box you probably could but it is twice the size price and less dependable then the chrysler unit.
Wow, the old ford ign box. My 77 and 79 pick up's never left the yard without a spare in the glove box.
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

truthfully, i've been standing behind a parts counter for 18 years now, and used to sell just as many as the chrystler one than I did the Ford one,

now hooking up a MSD box would be the snitzzle, leave the revlimiter pill out and wind the snot out of it.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

you can get the gold box if you want from chrysler.it has no rev limiter. there are four different boxes available through mopar.
jims72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You said the rev limiter on the chrysler unit is 5600rpm what is the safe zone for the G2 motor? It that good enough or is the 5600rpm too high for a mostly stock G2?
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #15
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i have ran my g2 hard the last week with the unit on there and have had zero issues.The cart runs better and way more efficiently.The unit is also far more weather resistant than the yamaha igniter box.I use my cart on a daily basis not as a golf car but a work horse. I tow,push ,pull and climb in hot desert terrain on a daily basis for 12 hours or more with my cart.I will be adding a msd blaster coil here soon or at least an accel yellow coil just for added efficiency.
i also ask that this be put in the sticky for those who are looking for more affordable methods to fix not only their yamaha but all carts as i believe it would work for any cart with any electronic ignition system.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #16
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i have ran my g2 hard the last week with the unit on there and have had zero issues.The cart runs better and way more efficiently.The unit is also far more weather resistant than the yamaha igniter box.I use my cart on a daily basis not as a golf car but a work horse. I tow,push ,pull and climb in hot desert terrain on a daily basis for 12 hours or more with my cart.I will be adding a msd blaster coil here soon or at least an accel yellow coil just for added efficiency.
i also ask that this be put in the sticky for those who are looking for more affordable methods to fix not only their yamaha but all carts as i believe it would work for any cart with any electronic ignition system.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #17
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree with the sticky. Can you post some pics of it installed?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yeah surer will. as soon as i find my camera i will throw some pics up on here. may even do a vid on youtube of it.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Can say I'd complain about that. I am to vids what Colt is to pics lol. My cross member that the rear axle too is rusted so I have to fix that and I'm thinking I might as well do this mod while it's apart. I just really want to know everything I can about it first. I'm the kind of guy that researches 75% of the time and actually does the work the other 25% the time on a project.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #20
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

here is a pic of the box and ballast resistor mounted on my cart. you probably will have to mount it elsewhere as my cart has been stretched and has no body.

chrysler box g2.jpg

i also intend to clean up the wiring with loom got a vid coming that explains the whole thing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha