lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #91
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Lift Kit Info

Scott- that is the same lift kit I ordered, and it is NOT made for your 2010. The kit should only cost $750 or so- if you order from Electrik Motorsports or from the EV Technical Services gentleman (Tech Support guy in this thread), you can get it cheaper than you can from Tomberlin. The install isn't difficult- maybe the reason they are charging you $500 to install is they know they will be forced to drill out your front brake calipers and make a new parking brake cable. Other than that, the install is just bolting on pieces and re-routing brake lines- can be done by 2 people with the right equipment in a weekend. I would directly ask your dealership about the known issues with this lift kit and a 2010 cart... If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or PM me!

Mitch
Miznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #92
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

got mine from EV tech, great resource to work with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey View Post
In an earlier thread I found that the correct part number is CVG193412U. In looking that up I found this information:

P&A, GROUP, LIFT KIT, Columbia Journeyman / Tomberlin Emerge. Designed for vehicles which utilize the motor E-Brake system from 2017 and newer. May fit earlier Emerge models with some modifications for mounting. Part cross reference is # CVG193412U

https://evtechnicalservices.com/onli...art-cvg193412u

Scott
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #93
powjunkie
Not Yet Wild

I just finished my lift that I bought from EV Tech. I figured out a relatively simple fix to the brake cable issue by using 1.5" unistrut spacers to move the brake connections toward the rear. If anyone is interested, I can send pics.
powjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:20 PM   #94
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

Hey powjunkie-
Are you having any issues with the tension on your handbrake? I had to extend the cable, and every month or so, I find the brake just doesn’t hold very well, and have to adjust it. I would love to know what you did- pics would be great! Thank you
Old 11-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #95
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Here are photos from powjunkie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C2A40CB8-C08D-4172-B6EA-5942334D37A0.jpg (140.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C48FB547-9F44-4FCE-8718-71A07A1D1DD3.jpg (134.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DB1E9D4E-753B-4A13-856B-B442B55F87C5.jpg (166.3 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:53 AM   #96
powjunkie
Not Yet Wild

No issues so far with keeping brake tension, but it’s only been a week since completing the work. I don’t see why it would loosen because all of the connections are secure.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:46 PM   #97
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

In the interest of keeping you all updated about stuff, Columbia/Tomberlin has again increased the list price of the lift kit now from $1200.41 to $1357.07.

I have typed and backspaced countless times for a small post here, spending the past half hour on it. I share your frustration.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:24 PM   #98
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

I’m interested to hear how your brake tension is working after a few weeks- mine keeps loosening, but if yours is maintaining properly, I may go that route!

Another question for the smart guys on here- is it possible to swap out a 2010 motor for a newer model that uses an engine brake? Is this a viable option for eliminating the need for a parking brake?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 12-05-2020, 05:39 PM   #99
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The new motor with the brake uses a sevcon controller so you would have to also change the controller and harness and any other things those are dependent on
Old 12-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #100
powjunkie
Not Yet Wild

Brake tension is holding strong. I haven't noticed it loosening at all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin