lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
Pateck
Not Yet Wild

Cool G1 Flywheel

I remove my flywheel to replace seal .After replacing new seal I'm having a hard time getting flywheel back on. I even tried with no key to see if thats the problem ,still wouldn't go down all way. Afraid I'm going to break something. Any Suugestions??//
Pateck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2021, 08:47 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Flywheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateck View Post
I remove my flywheel to replace seal .After replacing new seal I'm having a hard time getting flywheel back on. I even tried with no key to see if thats the problem ,still wouldn't go down all way. Afraid I'm going to break something. Any Suugestions??//
I've always used an impact on the flywheels. Also, make sure you remove the magneto's. Those magnets will pull on the flywheel and cause you grief. The key is there to help you line it up properly for timing, definitely use that.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

hes trying to get the flywheel back on and your suggesting an impact?
make sure theres on burs on the shaft or in the flywheel
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:12 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
hes trying to get the flywheel back on and your suggesting an impact?
make sure theres on burs on the shaft or in the flywheel
??? Not understanding your post? Obviously you don't approve?

I didn't suggest that he use an impact, I stated that "I use an impact" to tighten down the flywheel.

The OP posted about not being able to get the flywheel all the way down on the crankshaft. Sounded like the flywheel wasn't getting tightened all the way down. No? The OP didn't specify what tools are being used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateck View Post
still wouldn't go down all way
Another tip, use valve grinding compound on the flywheel and the crank to get a good mating surface. Just make sure to get it nice and clean afterwards.

Replace the nut if you aren't sure how good the threads are. Just take it down to the hardware store and match it up. Cheap insurance. Check the threads on the crank to make sure they aren't boogered up. You can use a file to try and clean them up a little. Wire brush any rust off the threads.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:58 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
??? Not understanding your post? Obviously you don't approve?

I didn't suggest that he use an impact, I stated that "I use an impact" to tighten down the flywheel.

The OP posted about not being able to get the flywheel all the way down on the crankshaft. Sounded like the flywheel wasn't getting tightened all the way down. No? The OP didn't specify what tools are being used.

Another tip, use valve grinding compound on the flywheel and the crank to get a good mating surface. Just make sure to get it nice and clean afterwards.

Replace the nut if you aren't sure how good the threads are. Just take it down to the hardware store and match it up. Cheap insurance. Check the threads on the crank to make sure they aren't boogered up. You can use a file to try and clean them up a little. Wire brush any rust off the threads.
Ok I definitely could have spoken/written better on that. Apologies
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installing g1 flywheel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha