lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
smounic
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrade Path

I'm about to be the owner of a 2001 36v ezgo txt freedom. It is relatively stock, other than a paint job. It has relatively fresh batteries (201. The primary duty of the cart will be transportation around the airport and towing my plane in/out the hanger. That said I love to tinker, and am intrigued by all of the upgrades that people do. Ultimately I believe I'd like to have a Navitas 5kw AC system with a lithium battery pack. I'd like to be able to fit 22" wheels, but don't want a high lift. I like speed, but not so much that it compromises towing my plane. And I'd rather not spend a ton upgrading right off the bat. So is there a good stepwise progression to get there? It seems like if I was going the DC route, I could do controller + motor, then battery pack, then small lift. But the AC route will require a new battery pack to even work so it doesn't appear that there is a good way to gradually get there. What upgrade path would you recommend given your experience?
smounic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2021, 05:31 PM   #2
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Default Re: Upgrade Path

Hard to have cake and eat it too.
larger tires will make the low end torque suffer.
I dont know how big of a plane you have but Im guessing its a pretty big load on a 36v cart.
My neighbor built a "tug" out of an electric mini bike to move his around with.
It has a top speed of about 1 MPH but does move it.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:03 PM   #3
smounic
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Upgrade Path

My plane when being towed shouldn't weigh much more than 2200 lbs. Obviously thats a lot for a 500 lb cart, but I know some tow much more.
smounic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!