lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
justinarkin
Not Yet Wild

Default Rated Speeds for 2010 Tomberlin E500

I have a 2010 Tomberlin Emerge 500. Runs great, when I bought it it had a non-oem keyswitch that only had one on position...would get up to ~19MPH. I replaced that with the OEM 2 stage keyswitch and in position 1 I now get up to 21MPH, position 2 gets up to 19MPH.

My question is what should the maximum speeds be in the two key positions with factory tires? can the max speeds (motor RPMs) be programmed differently vs. the factory setup?

Appreciate the information - thanks!

Justin
justinarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Rated Speeds for 2010 Tomberlin E500

Justin, the OEM would be the two position which gives high and low speeds. If an LSV (17 digit VIN) high would be 25mph with low at 19mph.

If not an LSV too speed would be 19mph.

Those speeds are federal laws. For those who have the knowledge and or a buddy with the know how, the top speeds are often changed. In places like Arizona they have carts going almost 40mph with different programming and high speed axle gear ratios. I am not an advocate for slow driving but I am an advocate for safety. These carts are not truly designed for higher speeds (brake limitations, impact protection, handling or construction).
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #3
justinarkin
Not Yet Wild

I do have an LSV model, so was expecting to see 25MPH when I replaced the switch. Batteries are 3+ yrs old, so I’m guessing that may be why I only get up to 21...with the wind at my back on a straightaway lol. Anything else I should check that might be keeping me from hitting 25 other than new batteries?
justinarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Load test the batteries first. Next would be make sure the brakes arent hung up....with cart off you should be able to easily push the cart. Those two things are easy to check.

Next would be to find out of the pedal is actually pushing at 100% of its capability and the controller is getting a full signal.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've had a 2008 Tomberlin Emerge E2, top speed with brand new US batteries 21-23 mph max. Low/high settings are programable with a Curtis Handset and you can check actual settings...
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
e500, emerge, speed, tomberlin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin