lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
chevy355
Not Yet Wild

Default par car speed switch

hello all i have a 2009 par car 5fcle26a51000440 that came in after sitting a few years i replaced batteries then found a 4 flash code on the controller i removed the motor and found the armature badly arched and brushes scored. i then replaced the motor now we have movement but slow and hi low switch inop also no light on switch i only see 2 wire on the switch as normally a lighted switch should have 3 i did also swap out the speed sensor and magnet. please help thanks
chevy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
Beachlyfe24
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Exclamation Re: par car speed switch

I am having similar issues. My speed switch never lit up when switching to rabbit.

I replaced my speed censor and magnet but still only going half speed. I don’t have any light flash but here is a link to the light flash guide I was able to find.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/48320...-%20Sheet1.pdf
Beachlyfe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: par car speed switch

Ignore the light on that rocker switch, was just a common switch and used without the light feature.

Have you checked that the accelerator is sending 100% signal to the controller? Older cables stretched and LAD’s moved a little so even though pedal is all the way to the floor the accelerator rod isnt fully pulling in the LAD.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #4
chevy355
Not Yet Wild

Yes tech i did the lad as soon as i loosened the u bolts the assembly rotated on its own but still no diference i do have the same speed in forward and reverse i already swaped out the magnet and sensor and tested the wires is it possible that the controller be burnt at that part i think the next step is send it to fsip for check out any more help before it goes out would be apprieciated
Old 10-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

In over ten years I have never seen a controller fail the high/low circuit. Options in order of common failures are:
1. LAD adjustment
2. Accelerator cable
3. Speed encoder
4. High/low switch
5. Wiring issue between encoder and controller
6. 10k resistor
7. Controller programmed wrong
Old 10-12-2020, 07:16 AM   #6
chevy355
Not Yet Wild

i adjusted the cable and did make a difference i got 26 mph but it keeps cutting in and out it seems like if you feather the throttle it changes maybe lad itself im going to try to get a reading going thru the range
Old 10-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

25 would be top lsv speed programming regardless of lad position so it should feel like its autocorrecting a bit.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #8
chevy355
Not Yet Wild

it stops completely and its seems like if you cycle the key it works again and once it locked up a rear tire and other times it will only go about 13 mph i wish i had access to a reader but not much call in this area for par cars
Old 10-12-2020, 08:22 AM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

When it stops dont cycle the key. Leave as is and count the flash sequence on the controller. It might help troubleshoot
Old 10-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #10
chevy355
Not Yet Wild

Light stays on steady no flash i was hoeing to see the light flash (sorry about the caps my wife changes it all the time )
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar