lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 09:05 PM   #1
beynon
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default 2010 Tomberlin Vanish - charging oddity

My vanish is working fine for light use. I went to use it after it had been sitting for a couple weeks and the battery discharge meter showed (30%) the two lowest bars flashing back and forth, which means it needs to be charged. I put on the charger overnight and in the morning the charger showed solid green (full charge complete). Upon inserting the key I expected to see the battery discharge meter to show the 100% bar. Instead it's still alternate flashing the two lowest bars that means 30%.

The batteries are < 2 yrs old and have been watered each time they are charged.

Any suggestions what this means and how to diagnose?

Thanks,
Mike.
beynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 Tomberlin Vanish - charging oddity

Gauges in those things are not very good. Try a hard reset- (Disconnnect battery power, wait a couple of minutes, then reconnect) , Or disconnect the wires, from the back of the gauge
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
beynon
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

After disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries the gauge showed it was full. Then a few minutes later the discharge meter showed (30%, the two lowest bars flashing back and forth) again. Sigh.

Other than just ignoring it, is there an aftermarket meter that I could install instead?

Thanks,
Mike.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Mike, I prefer the analog gauges. The needles do jump a bit but it seems easier to follow what's happening. Based on the ages of the vanishes, your batteries are probably near end of life (assuming you've checked them for water levels as low water would also do as you've described-appear fully charged but not last very long at all)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:21 PM   #5
beynon
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Update ... Since the batteries are new in my vanish, I looked around to find an oem replacement gauge. This one is $40 and looks identical and works just fine:

https://www.golfcartgarage.com/48-vo...digital-meter/

Now I just need to understand the clicking noise it makes when backing up. I'm determined to keep my 2010 vanish working for light use.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin