lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #11
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ignition module for a par car needed

I have the motor firing now. Gap was too wide on module. Now I have to get it timed.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #12
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have fire but it seems way out of time. It won't start and just pops and backfires when I give it a shot of gas thru the carb. I have new 128-1 fuel and I took the carb apart and blew it out good. The carb dosen't seem t be drawing fuel even after the cleaning. Fuel pump works great. I am almost sure it is a timing problem but I have had the ign. plate in every position the whole travel Is there such a thing as the fly wheel shearing a key ?
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #13
kdiekman
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I had the same popping issue when I installed the Pertronix Ignition Module. I lasered a plate that was in the same position rotationally and distance wise. There are 2 magnets on the donut FYI. My issue ended up being the coil so i swapped that and put the original IM back and it ran fine. Will want to figure out the issue with the new module in case I need it. Anyone know about the coils? i'm thinking of using the IC70 from NAPA.
kdiekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #14
kdiekman
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

found this on 91 parcar wont fire. Looks like rotating 180 worked for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Patrick View Post
Problem solved. When I got home from work I went out and hit the key and nothing had improved. So I pulled the plug and rechecked the TDC and rotor to coil relationship. Hit the key and now even reverse was not starting.
The best we could get was rotating the module plate counter clockwise to the limit of the adjustment slot. I could get ONE pop with key in FWD position and a very weak running reverse.
So my son suggested we remove the module plate and clock the plate/ module from about the two oclock position (which I think is factory mounting?) to about the 8 oclock position. And BOOM. it fired right up, both directions and two minutes later we were driving down the street.
NOW I can check out what needs to be done to make a nice little cart out of this ole girl! Oh she's a dog on even a small incline but I will start looking at more threads about that and today adjust the carb and do a compression check. And as a side note, today I should close a deal on a 2000 Yamaha G16A gasser with a bad diff. More fun!

And thanks Lochlin! Your HEI conversion thread was my inspiration to keep trying!
kdiekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:43 PM   #15
Rockford53
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookSet View Post
If it failed the test yes it is bad.

I just did the HEI upgrade on mine and it works awesome, I highly recommend doing it and can help you with it if needed. I would even be willing to send you the components (transistors and resistors) since I had to buy so many to get them. They come in 25 packs on Amazon typically. Since putting the HEI on it has run better than ever other than the fact my key switch smoked itself right after...
Hookset can you please send me a PM? I'm highly interested in getting your help for an HEI conversion and parts needed. Thanks, Brad
Rockford53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar