lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Dojq50&CzqC9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Bad News - Navitas 5KW AC Compatibility w/ Yamaha G29 - Rear Coil Over Relocation

Community. Today I learned (via Robby at Plum Quick) that the Navitas 5KW AC Conversion is incompatible with the G29 because of rear shock clearance.
The 4KW works fine but the 5KW is too big.

His suggestion was to relocate the passenger side coil over.

Has anyone had to do this before? Advice on best way to reconfigure?
Dojq50&CzqC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
croatian0
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Bad News - Navitas 5KW AC Compatibility w/ Yamaha G29 - Rear Coil Over Relocation

Reviving this thread a bit. I am thinking of going with the Navitas 600A controller and 4kW motor (yamaha combo). I have a 2014 YDRE, lifted with 22s. What kind of performance differences am I expected to see b/t the 5kW vs 4kW? Anyone have it installed and can share details?
croatian0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:11 PM   #3
Dojq50&CzqC9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Bad News - Navitas 5KW AC Compatibility w/ Yamaha G29 - Rear Coil Over Relocation

You lose a little low-end torque but the top end is the same.
Dojq50&CzqC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:32 AM   #4
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojq50&CzqC9 View Post
Community. Today I learned (via Robby at Plum Quick) that the Navitas 5KW AC Conversion is incompatible with the G29 because of rear shock clearance.
The 4KW works fine but the 5KW is too big.

His suggestion was to relocate the passenger side coil over.

Has anyone had to do this before? Advice on best way to reconfigure?
Watch this video on how to put a 5kw on a G29. I would go with Golf Carts Modified for anything Navitas. You have to clock the motor forward 40 degrees. See video at 28:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUP1QOjueNU
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha