lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
HookSet
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Par Car rear seat

Now that I'm confident my 90/91 parcar is going to run good I want to add a rear seat to it. I know I will be modifying something for another cart that is currently available but have any of you put a rear seat kit on? Which do you suggest starting with so I have to the least amount of fabricating to do?

thanks!
HookSet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Par Car rear seat

You don't have to limit yourself to cart seats. I actually got a generic seat like this for one of my carts:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ct_32194_32194

It was a simple mount.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
HookSet
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Thanks, that's not really what I'm looking for, though I could build it out of that. What I like of the cart specific ones is that I can fold it into a flatbed.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #4
HookSet
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Just to share for anyone else looking to do this. I ended up just getting the cheapest GTW seat I could find, happened to be for a drive2 (clearance from buggiesunlimited.com). I modified it very slightly and it is on the cart just fine. It bolts right to the roof supports by drilling a couple holes, rests on the rear clamshell and I will modify the floor brackets at some point but it's pretty stable. I also had to cut about 3-4 inches off the legs the foot platform bolts too to clear the bumber and modify how the rear seat back attached to the cross bar, but this was all started and finished within a 2 hour period, so not too bad. From what I can tell you could do this with any of the GTW seat kits pretty easy, I recommend the aluminum for weight savings though.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
ParcarMN
Not Yet Wild

I ordered a rear set kit from steelenggolfcart.com with rear seat that flips to a flatbed, $289. I ordered the kit for the CLUB CAR REAR FLIP SEAT - DS (2000.5 and NEWER version). I was able to make it work by using the parts it came with and only 2 extra 3/8" x 2" long bolts and nuts. See pics attached:

Used "Z" brackets that came with to attach to the frame bar (3/4” square tubing that crosses left to right between rear springs or cart) to bottom of body. Then I could bolt that to new seat -- that’s where new bolts came in, sandwiched through seat bottom frame, back support frame, through cart body, and onto brackets on frame bar underneath. I 1st set teh seat up to mark holes, drilled throgh, then set on frame bar from underneath and clamped, then welded (could have been bolted too).

Bent “A” supports for seat back to a 90 deg angle, and cut off ends of them, bolted them to existing back support for original front seat. Used left over pieces and bent them around to make vertical supports from the front of the foot plate to bottom rear of seat bottom (see pics). Had to shift the floor plate rearward 4.5” (to where side supports attached at front of it) to allow rear seat to move forward over the rear of the cart better, and then side seat supports would rest right on the rear bumper itself (I did not even bolt the rear of it down, just let tubing sit right on rear bumper). Had to re-drill 2 holes in rear "U" shaped grab bar and cut 4.5" off length under foot plate to install it.

Took about 4-5 hours total to figure everything out and install, some black spray paint to touch up ends of parts I bent around.

Note I never even used roof supports that came with the kit... Overall happy with how it turned out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_3.jpg (221.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_2.jpg (227.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_4.jpg (200.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_9.jpg (200.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_14.jpg (215.9 KB, 0 views)
ParcarMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #6
ParcarMN
Not Yet Wild

Some additional pics attached:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_11.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_12.jpg (206.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_6.jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_10.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_13.jpg (221.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
ParcarMN
Not Yet Wild

Then came the test drive: with 3 kids and 2 adults it was obvious we were bottoming out the rear suspension! I checked the threads on this site, and then ordered a set of overload springs from EV Technical Services LLC, $68.24 w/shipping, 2x part number 45470-93 (“Rear Inner HS Spring, Columbia ParCar Eagle (P4)”, sku 709190).

Only took about 15 minutes to install: jacked up rear, put frame on jack stands, took floor jack and jacked up some on rear axle, took out lower shock bolts, lowered rear end down, removed springs, slid inner coils in, and set back in place. I jacked up rear axle with my 150 lb son sitting on rear seat, re-inserted shock bolts, tightened, done!

Raised the rear about 2”, now with 6 of us on the cart it does not bottom (should have no issues with any load I would ever put on it). Only downside is with only me driving I am barely compressing the springs down, but doesn’t seem to affect anything.

A few pics attached:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_16.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_17.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_18.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_19.jpg (107.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89 ParCar Rear Seat_1.jpg (104.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2019, 11:45 PM   #8
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Great job.
The rear seat kit that is being sold for the ParCar is like $1400, and no cushions.

I was given a 2007 P4E (ParCar Eagle), but had a bad Sevcon Controller. I did a swap to the Alltrax 48500 XCT-IQ (for a Club Car IQ). Removed all the original wiring, and re-wired the cart to the CC IQ schematic. Got everything running, and then stripped it down to just a rolling chassis, so I can get everything all cleaned up and painted up.

I am impressed with how well these carts are built. But there just isn't enough in the way of accessories for them. If and when you do find something that was made "for the ParCar", get ready to drop some serious coin.

Nice cart and good job finding something that would work on here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:55 PM   #9
Burgdob
Not Yet Wild

Nicely done. I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParcarMN View Post
I ordered a rear set kit from steelenggolfcart.com with rear seat that flips to a flatbed, $289. I ordered the kit for the CLUB CAR REAR FLIP SEAT - DS (2000.5 and NEWER version). I was able to make it work by using the parts it came with and only 2 extra 3/8" x 2" long bolts and nuts. See pics attached:

Used "Z" brackets that came with to attach to the frame bar (3/4” square tubing that crosses left to right between rear springs or cart) to bottom of body. Then I could bolt that to new seat -- that’s where new bolts came in, sandwiched through seat bottom frame, back support frame, through cart body, and onto brackets on frame bar underneath. I 1st set teh seat up to mark holes, drilled throgh, then set on frame bar from underneath and clamped, then welded (could have been bolted too).

Bent “A” supports for seat back to a 90 deg angle, and cut off ends of them, bolted them to existing back support for original front seat. Used left over pieces and bent them around to make vertical supports from the front of the foot plate to bottom rear of seat bottom (see pics). Had to shift the floor plate rearward 4.5” (to where side supports attached at front of it) to allow rear seat to move forward over the rear of the cart better, and then side seat supports would rest right on the rear bumper itself (I did not even bolt the rear of it down, just let tubing sit right on rear bumper). Had to re-drill 2 holes in rear "U" shaped grab bar and cut 4.5" off length under foot plate to install it.

Took about 4-5 hours total to figure everything out and install, some black spray paint to touch up ends of parts I bent around.

Note I never even used roof supports that came with the kit... Overall happy with how it turned out!
Burgdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #10
blu_fuz
Not Yet Wild

Great info here for that DS seat kit on a ParCar. Thanks a lot. Nice job.
blu_fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar