lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2021, 09:48 PM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Gen3 leaf modules anyone?

Nice. I will keep my eyes open for any decent Leaf cells that I can find. I will include these in my search now that I have seen them used. If I use these, I will attempt to tie the parallel packs completely together so that one BMS could be used.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2021, 11:51 PM   #22
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Fully paralleled would be the ideal way to do it, as long as it can be kept clean, simple and safe of course.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:37 AM   #23
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Id love to see an actual pic of the wiring. Also, I wonder if these could be seperated. Im guessing not or someone would have by now.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:02 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are some important considerations that need to be understood when trying to parallel two separate strings of lithium cells, even if you have a BMS in each set.

The link below may help you understand some of the design challenges:

https://www.orionbms.com/manuals/pdf...el_strings.pdf
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:12 AM   #25
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nice document! I agree that it's a bit of a risk unless done properly. The worry is if one cell fails in one of the strings. I don't really want to incorporate another contactor in my battery system. The contactor on my cart is the only thing that has failed me - twice. Not from current through the contacts but from constant pounding when it closes every time you hit the throttle. With a precharge resister, the contacts don't arc much if at all and they normally don't open or close under load anyway. I am using well rated contactors and they still take a pounding and eventually fail. I got four years out of the last one.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have a Yamaha right?

The Club Car Sepex carts only cycle the main Contactor OFF when the motor speed sensor has been idle for a few seconds.

Your experience with "constant cycling" being another cause of failure is also why I like to tell folks with Series carts and reversing contactors to setup a delay off circuit in order to prevent that constant cycling.

That deal that AussieInSeattle got for 16 120Ah LiFePO4 cells for $589 is hard to beat, if the shipping cost gets lower that will be a great option.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #27
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have Yamaha but the controller is Alltrax which does delay dropping out the solenoid. But it still cycles a lot over time especially when playing golf.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium