lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
dvcobra
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Blowing fuse

I have a problem with intermittent problem with the main fuse blowing. First I had problems with the battery which was testing at 12.7 volts but turned out to drop down to 3 volts during a load test. I replaced voltage regulator, solenoid and 2 limit switches in the black box before putting the battery on a load test. Once I replaced the battery everything was working. I replaced both of my belts that were cracked, and away I went. I only made it 1 block before my fuse blew. Pushed it home, replaced fuse,put cart on jacks and ran engine for about 5 minutes with no problem. I lowered cart and drove down street and only made it about a block again before blowing fuse and then, replaced and blew another right away.
I have checked all wires for any chaffing and everything looks ok
One of the other threads suggested that if the belt on the s/g is too tight that it could cause fuses to blow. Is this correct?
Could it be in the fuse block?
Any suggestions on how to test?

I have learned a lot on this site and hope someone can help me with this gremlin
Thank you everyone
dvcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Blowing fuse

Welcome to BGW dvcobra!

A "too tight" s/g belt will only blow the fuse at start up, (trying to get beyond to compression stage)
there is a sweet spot for the belt tension if that's the case.

If the fuse blows while driving, it could be anything from a shorted wire to ground, a bad new solenoid, to the s/g itself.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car