lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Comet 94c removal tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yes. I made my own I could not find one back then when comet was out of biz. Its a fine thread bolt goofy size like 9/16 or 5/8 I forget. Then took a smaller bolt (5/16 or 3/8 maybe) that would fit inside the threads of the crank with threads ground off it, and shorten it until its in the clutch over half inch I think, round the tip, round the hex off. So I put that in and then the bolt and it comes right off. Then you smack the bolt head to pop the cover off, remove bolt. Only problem I have is sometimes the adapter slides on the crank instead of the taper popping off, then I have to crank on the bolt a while to slide it off. The washer is to put the cover back on with the bolt, but I made a spacer out of huge nuts and a washer its faster.
Yeah I revived this thread for someone recently that was dealing with a 94c style. He since converted to a 780 with great results. I think he ended up using a 3 jaw puller lol. Hey whatever it takes hahaha
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #12
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Man I wish 1989 Marathon was still on here that guy sure knew a lot of stuff a vast source of info 🙁
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
Man I wish 1989 Marathon was still on here that guy sure knew a lot of stuff a vast source of info 🙁
Yeah I'm not exactly sure what happened to him. He started another site and now it's not that active anymore. Too bad. He did help me on many occasions.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Slonomo's 94C is still doing well on my cart lol. I have had it off 30+ times messing with the setup so well versed in removal procedures! It does not like to shift well at low speed, over 10 mph it works great. Part of that is it needs some belt slack I had to move my engine for that and use a different size belt, its closer but still not perfect. On the trail it works fine. You can find them pretty cheap. I rather a roller clutch but not much info out there on them and I can't take on another project trying to make one work, not right now.

This was an ezgo replacement clutch, but I have different spring and pucks in it now. Its like the std clutch but you can't move the spider for belt width. I'm using the black spring but cut a lot shorter, its a ribbed cover model.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:52 AM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Slonomo's 94C is still doing well on my cart lol. I have had it off 30+ times messing with the setup so well versed in removal procedures! It does not like to shift well at low speed, over 10 mph it works great. Part of that is it needs some belt slack I had to move my engine for that and use a different size belt, its closer but still not perfect. On the trail it works fine. You can find them pretty cheap. I rather a roller clutch but not much info out there on them and I can't take on another project trying to make one work, not right now.

This was an ezgo replacement clutch, but I have different spring and pucks in it now. Its like the std clutch but you can't move the spider for belt width. I'm using the black spring but cut a lot shorter, its a ribbed cover model.
Glad to hear it's working well for you. They aren't perfect clutches for golf carts, that's why I didn't want to go that route. I just didn't want to invest the time. Sounds like you have some serious "time" in it. But they are super tough and durable, which is why they are popular on sleds. Have you tried any dry graphite lube?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!