lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #1
7fa
Not Yet Wild

Default Vanguard 14HP mods?

Posted this in the EZGO section- but probably more mod talk in this forum...

I have an XRT 950 with the 14HP Vanguard engine in it. Advertised as 25mph top speed, but I've only seen it get up to 22mph and want to see if there are any simple mods I could do to get a little more power out of it.

Is there a way to modify the governor to get 200-300 extra RPM from it? I checked the exhaust and it does not have any restrictors in the exhaust ports.

Appreciate any suggestions...
7fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Vanguard 14HP mods?

These engines in stock form are only designed to rev to 3800 rpm. 4200 rpm is the max rpm with stock parts. After that you risk bending a push rod and having some damage.

The first thing I'd do is install a rev kit and disconnect the governor. That will enable you to rev safely to 5000 rpm. That will give you some more speed.

A Cheetah cam from CPP will give you more power, although you might need to rejet your carb. Or better yet, upgrade to a larger carb. Most guys on here go with the 2 barrel carb from the 18hp-23hp engines. The parts do interchange.

I personally like Mikuni carbs. You can use the 2 barrel intake, buy an adapter from Backwater Performance, and use a 30mm Mikuni slide carb. I am in the process of doing the same on my 23hp engine using a 34mm.

MPH is all dependent on final gear ratio and engine rpm. If you install 22" tires and a rev kit you should hit 30 mph. 22" tires will require a lift kit.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!