lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
Rjtehan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 23hp Vanny idle

I’ve recently installed the CCP 23hp vanny in my CC villager 8. I absolutely love it. Only issue I have is idle rpm, very difficult to shift F/R without turning off. Of course I forced the issue and broke the shifter bracket and bent the head of the cable but I digress. I’m a farmer and am pretty good shade tree mechanic, but small engines are my kryptonite. Can anybody enlighten me how to adjust the idle? I appreciate any info!!
Rjtehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 23hp Vanny idle

You can slow the idle rpm down but in order for it to idle nice you need to be able to change the mixture also. This may require some trick with your carb as the EPA locks them so you can't easily change mixture. Search for your engine here or ask. I assume you put a clutch on too, make sure the belt is not too tight and dragging a lot at idle. Most aftermarket like a 780 will idle ok, but carts are not made for that so you need to shift quick (but not forcefully, just quick as it lets you easily do it) , and if you get in neutral you might not get out because the input shaft will start spinning. You have to shut it off.

Mine will idle down to where the compression release is going off, It will shift fine it clunks just a hair but not much. That is a clone, now clone with rod and cam.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 23hp Vanny idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjtehan View Post
I’ve recently installed the CCP 23hp vanny in my CC villager 8. I absolutely love it. Only issue I have is idle rpm, very difficult to shift F/R without turning off. Of course I forced the issue and broke the shifter bracket and bent the head of the cable but I digress. I’m a farmer and am pretty good shade tree mechanic, but small engines are my kryptonite. Can anybody enlighten me how to adjust the idle? I appreciate any info!!
Low speed idle is the 2 barrel carb's biggest issue. They were designed to start at 1500 rpm and run at 3800 rpm. Not much wiggle room there lol. They can be modified to run better, but it does take some work and some knowledge. There are performance shops that will mess with them, but most will want to convert to a 34mm Mikuni VM slide carb. I am in the process of making the switch. I tried a 42mm CV, and it's just too much carb and floods one cylinder.

Look for a thread next week on my 34mm setup.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!