lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel Tank Replacement Fuel Cell

Thanks guys, seems like everyone likes tig welded aluminum lol.

Yeah an fittings and hoses are super expensive, probably over priced due to the demand for them. I'm not in a hurry to switch my lines over.

It's a 3 gallon, and yes it has the anti slosh foam. I really don't need the foam, but it was in there already. I suppose if I start to see black bits of foam in the fuel filter I'll quickly remove it.

It is a nice feeling knowing you have a good, sturdy, clean, and safe place for your fuel....seeing how close it is in respect to the exhaust pipe in these carts. I've never heard of one lighting vent fumes on fire, but I don't want to be the one.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Update: I have since removed the foam inside the fuel tank. It was deteriorating and getting into the filter. Can't understand why, maybe cheap chinese foam lol? Anyway, I removed it, no issues.

Actually this tank worked out much better than anticipated. Having the fuel supply at the bottom give a little bit of pressure to the fuel pump. Whenever I work on it, it's really easy to prime the pump. Just an added benefit.

Also, with the foam removed, I can open the tank and look down in to check out the condition of the fuel. The shiny aluminum allows good visibility to check the inside of the tank for debris and water.

I actually had water getting into the tank from the vent line. It was running rough and I couldn't understand why. Opened the tank and I could see the water collecting in the tank, it was a clear distinct line. I ended up routing a hose for the vent that bends downward to prevent rain water from getting into the vent.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:42 AM   #13
DebNeidert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Could you estimate the sidewall thickness on this fuel cell? Might try to make my own. Also, Mr. Slonomo, my dad and I have a small machine shop in Barberton if I can ever help on material needs. You’re a god of golf carts.
DebNeidert is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!