lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How do I register cart as LSV in Georgia?

Can't legally ride on the roads here in Georgia anymore since the law was changed this past June. How do I register my converted golf cart to a LSV so I can continue to ride on the public roads? My local tag office was clueless when I asked them today.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I register cart as LSV in Georgia?

we still ride our cart on the streets of port wentworth ga and u know port wentworth is bad with their cops

paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have already been given a warning by police where I live.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would go wander into your local police station and ask them. If they don't know how can they enforce the law ? Yeah, I know, I'm being a smart a.. But seriously, I would go ask them. If the law came out they have to have something to go by that determines if it is legal or not.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The police don't administer tags for golf carts. They enforce the law. The law states that it is illegal to ride on public roads unless the road is marked for golf cart use. That applies to golf carts, not LSV's.

That's why I am asking how to apply for a get a LSV tag on my converted golf cart. Florida has policy and many tag their carts down there. My local tag office said they don't do that but I don't trust the lady knew what she was talking about.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
The police don't administer tags for golf carts. They enforce the law. The law states that it is illegal to ride on public roads unless the road is marked for golf cart use. That applies to golf carts, not LSV's.

That's why I am asking how to apply for a get a LSV tag on my converted golf cart. Florida has policy and many tag their carts down there. My local tag office said they don't do that but I don't trust the lady knew what she was talking about.
I would say that you need to take a look at your states Department of Motor Vehicles website.... I was able to find all I needed to know about this subject in very short order on/in Tn's website.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Georgia has a low speed vehicle tag program. It requires a 17 digit VIN number, which golf carts do not have. Florida has a process for conversions, I never found one for GA.

A vin is only step one from the state, the county must also authorize LSV use on county roads I found out. I do not think Chatham County has yet. Bummer.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I would try to contact the office that handles the re-certs for totaled cars , home built auto inspections
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #9
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

I have been stopped by the port wentworth police for no lights . they said they are changing the ordinance for the cart . we have not found them out yet . but we know we have to have lights front and rear turn signal and brake light and the slow moving triangle on the back and a blinking light on top and seat belts . well I have all the lights so I have to get seat belts and the triangle and the blinking light
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #10
dbmachine
Gone Wild

What kills my chances in my county in alabama is the speed limits. To be registered as a lsv vehicle has to be on roads of 35mph or less. All the **** roads around here are 40mph so im screwed.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!