lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
Ehurtt
Not Yet Wild

Default Harley Davidson Golf Cart Clutch

Trying to fix the key in the clutch of my Harley golf cart, and in the process of trying to get to the key and secondary clutch I have been unable to get the spline off. What is the best way to try and get the spline off. Also if you guys have any tips on fixing the key in the clutch the help would be much appreciated.
Ehurtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Harley Davidson Golf Cart Clutch

I never actually took the clutches off an HD (unlike the dozens of times on the Columbias) so I can't help with that. That being said, with regard to the key, I actually welded a spot of weld where the key should be and used a metal file to shape it properly.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Ehurtt
Not Yet Wild

The Drive Cup is causing me problems coming off as well. What tools are recommended to take it off.
Ehurtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

3 7/16 or 1/2 inch nuts ( note they have a spring under each one and once nthe pressure is removed you have 3 balls to contend with. I just relieve the pressure and let them fall out. then you have a 5/8 fine thread nut with keeper. remove and use a puller to remove the outter part of the clutch. then the inner part ( the one that contacts the belt) pay attention to the washers , o rings and felt seal as well. check the brass for wear if good re assemble. turn oil hole to 5 or 7 oclock position and fill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg primary clutch 1.JPG (66.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg primary clutch 2.JPG (87.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg secondary clutch 1.JPG (46.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg secondary clutch 2.JPG (56.7 KB, 0 views)
johnny reb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, engine 2 cycle, harley davidson cart, spline
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson