lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 08:27 AM   #1
CRKepler
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 club car predator carb problems

Hey guys, got a 93 club car with a predator 420. I am having a problem with it flooding if i turned really quickly. A bunch of people told me to put a return line in and that helped but did not fix it. I cant adjust the fuel air mixture. I still run the original choke box. If i crack the it open it seems to idle a little better, like it needs less fuel or more air. I thought about running the after market K&N air filter, but then how do you choke the motor if you need too? Also, do you happen if the its possible to adjust the float on those carbs? If i need to get a different carb, what do you guys suggest? One more thing, we put the stock exhaust on it, anyone think that could be part of the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CRKepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 06:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 93 club car predator carb problems

You can adjust the float. Just bend the tab up a hair.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

What type fuel pump are you using? Most of the floats l have seen are made from plastic - they have no metal to bend or adjust. Remember these carburetors are for a gravity feed fuel. Mine has worked flawlessly sense I went with a gravity system.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #4
CRKepler
Not Yet Wild

The guy that put the golf cart together went to a local parts house told them the CC and the HP of the motor and thats the fuel pump they gave him. he couldnt remember the exact psi, he thought it was 4-7. I did just put a return line in it last week. Seemed like it helped at idle a little but harder to start and the rest stayed the same.
CRKepler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, exhaust, fuel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps