lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
lasml
Not Yet Wild

Default steering problems

I have a 2002 electric club car. I got in it today and the steering wheel would not turn the wheels. (I know this may sound stupid, but this is mine and my sister's first cart we are using on our property.) Can anyone tell me if it sounds like it could be the steering gear box. Neither wheel turns. We thought a couple of weeks ago we hear a thunking noise when we would turn it to the left. thank you
lasml is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: steering problems

Welcome to the forum lasml......................

Check the universal coupler up under the front cowl where the steering shaft connects to it. That could be the problem, but you can tell pretty easily with a flash light and get someone to attempt to turn the steering wheel.

There are other points to check too like the shock tower to see if it is bent near the top. However, the trained eye is usually the only one who can tell.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Rusty, I had a lifted CC that would turn too far to one side and the gear shaft would run out the end of the which-a-ma-call-it. It would have to be force fed back into the gear and then it would work. I ended up building a better stop for it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Yup....... That happens if not aligned up "center" after a lift kit sometimes too.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
firemanack
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was working on an old ford jubilee tractor for a client, and he ask if I could also look at his golf cart( I didn't have a cart at this time so I didn't note what kind it was) that wouldn't steer any longer ( a person riding it around hit a stump). I checked everything (linkage etc.) before taking apart the steering box. I had to unbolt the arms and the faceplate off the box to get the gears out and there had been a pin that came loose and slid out of alignment. Reset pin and all was well.

hope this helps
firemanack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car