lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
hall
Not Yet Wild

Default stiff suspension help

This is my first post but I've been reading for a while now. I was wondering if I could get some help on my recently installed lift. I put a 6" a arm lift kit with the dual leaf springs in the back. The cart is a 94 gas club car. I also added 22" tires. The stock cart rode well before the upgrade but now it rides awful. It's very stiff and bumpy. Offroad will shake your teeth out. Is there something I can do to help my situation?

Thanks
Jeff
hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: stiff suspension help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
This is my first post but I've been reading for a while now. I was wondering if I could get some help on my recently installed lift. I put a 6" a arm lift kit with the dual leaf springs in the back. The cart is a 94 gas club car. I also added 22" tires. The stock cart rode well before the upgrade but now it rides awful. It's very stiff and bumpy. Offroad will shake your teeth out. Is there something I can do to help my situation?

Thanks
Jeff
You can try taking a leaf out and reducing tire pressure. How are your shocks?
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
hall
Not Yet Wild

Before I did the lift, the ride was good and I'm using the same shocks. The new lift included a double leaf spring in the front and a double leaf for the back. Think I should attempt to make them single leafs and do you think one makes a huge difference? What would happen if you took both out of the front?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
hall
Not Yet Wild

this was the kit I installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift kit.jpg (9.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
Before I did the lift, the ride was good and I'm using the same shocks. The new lift included a double leaf spring in the front and a double leaf for the back. Think I should attempt to make them single leafs and do you think one makes a huge difference? What would happen if you took both out of the front?
I would try and remove one leaf from the rear. If it doesn't sag and still looks good, take it for a ride and see how she feels. As far as your cart goes, I'm not familiar, but removing a leaf is common practice to help with a rough ride.

If your front has two leafs, do the same.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Tire pressure can make a big difference on ride quality. Also, as a rule larger heavier tires will ride a bit rougher than smaller lighter tires (and wheels) due to the increase in unsprung weight. I just lowered the tire pressure in my 23 inch tires to the recommended 10 psi max, but the tires I had before were rated for 6 psi max. Good luck with your project!

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
TURF1-RYC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That's the same lift kit I just got.. but I got it in 8".. I figured since the leaf springs were new and heavier duty that's where the stiff ride came from..I might paint my old leaf springs and put them back on.. on the rear at least..
TURF1-RYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
hall
Not Yet Wild

I'll try removing one leaf spring from the front and back and let you know. The guys that put my tires on the rim put the recommended 20psi according to the tire. I dropped them down to 13psi but there was no difference. Should I go lower? Thanks for the help.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #9
hall
Not Yet Wild

I took a leaf out of the front and one from each side of the back. Lowered the air to 10psi and ****. Much better. It rides 100 times better now. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
Dale M
Getting Wild

Double check that tire pressure. On mine they came from the store at 35 psi, which on the tire says is the required pressure to set the bead. Just after that was the max operating rating of the tires....5 psi. BIG difference in the ride on my cart.
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts