lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How do you remove the body cc 2000

I've found most of the fixings for the back section, but not sure about the front. Didn't want to start prying it apart. Is it in two parts including the floor or two parts and the floor is separate.

Thanks
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do you remove the body cc 2000

The front will have 4 bolts 2 at the bumper & 2 at the front roof support frame.
The trickiest part is the metal band that goes all the way around the cowl where it meets the dash. There are sadistic sliding nuts inside the backside of the cowl trim and tiny sadistic screws put in from the cab side. You will find 2 each side by your feet and 4 or so across the top up under the edge of the dash...... The fun part is getting them back in but, that's another lesson

Just put tape on the bottom end of the trim when you get it loose so they do not fly out of the end of the trim.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The fun part is getting them back in but, that's another lesson

Great. I am in the REconstruction phase and have this to look forward to. Any tricks you want share?
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tools you will wish you had at your fingertips
tape any kind.
12" piece of bare metal wire.
1 each small and smaller common screwdrivers.
a small nut driver to fit the screws that hold the trim on.
Refreshment

Make sure you have the roof support bolts temporarily holding the cowl in place .....Put tape on what will be the bottom ends so the sliding nuts don't fall out. Stack 2 nuts on each side the rest spread across the top near where they will go. Place the trim on the top edge of the cowl and start on screw into the sliding nut. Just turn it a couple of times so you know it is started but not snug so it hinders moving the trim. Use the screwdrivers to move the sliding nuts left or right and start the next screw and the next until all of the top fasteners are started... good. On the place the wire under the top nut and move it up until it lines up with the screw you have poking into the hole fumble around until you get the screw started while holding the nut up in place with the wire. And use your 3rd hand or knee to push the trim close enough to the frame to get the screw started. do the same for the 3 remaining side screws. Go back to the first one you started.... It tightens first. Then the rest of the top section. Do not over tighten these, they are little and wrist tight on a nut driver is plenty tight. tighten the sides last. Now Drink the much earned refreshment
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

scottyb, Thank you! I always have refreshments, looks like the key is not to start too early in this process
Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Scotty he could put it all in cardboard boxes and sell it.
Then buy a Yamaha.

I helped a neighbor put one together that he bought in boxes
we had no idea what we were doing but it ended okay, no blood
and no parts left over.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Why should he down grade to a Yamaha?
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
How do you remove the body?
You put it in a large hefty bag and drag it off to a secluded spot. Sorry, couldn't resist.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Tools you will wish you had at your fingertips
tape any kind.
12" piece of bare metal wire.
1 each small and smaller common screwdrivers.
a small nut driver to fit the screws that hold the trim on.
Refreshment

Make sure you have the roof support bolts temporarily holding the cowl in place .....Put tape on what will be the bottom ends so the sliding nuts don't fall out. Stack 2 nuts on each side the rest spread across the top near where they will go. Place the trim on the top edge of the cowl and start on screw into the sliding nut. Just turn it a couple of times so you know it is started but not snug so it hinders moving the trim. Use the screwdrivers to move the sliding nuts left or right and start the next screw and the next until all of the top fasteners are started... good. On the place the wire under the top nut and move it up until it lines up with the screw you have poking into the hole fumble around until you get the screw started while holding the nut up in place with the wire. And use your 3rd hand or knee to push the trim close enough to the frame to get the screw started. do the same for the 3 remaining side screws. Go back to the first one you started.... It tightens first. Then the rest of the top section. Do not over tighten these, they are little and wrist tight on a nut driver is plenty tight. tighten the sides last. Now Drink the much earned refreshment
I did this Saturday without cheating (looking at Scotty's notes). I figured if I got stuck I would come find the post. For me working on the cart is a hobby so half the ?fun? is looking at it and trying to figure it out.

Scotty, one serious question: When putting in the side fasteners, do you put the wire in from the bottom of the trim up the slot the fastener is in or the side?

How I did it... this has no value unless you enjoy my pain

First, I put the cowl on held by the roof bolts which are in loosely (got this right :-) ). Start on top, hold the trim up so I can see the fasteners, push them over until they line up. I stuck through a 2 inch drywall screw to get line rite, and then put in real screw.

At this point was was like, cmon, this is a breeze, what is the big deal

My first side fastener, I lined up with my 2 in drywall screw as on top, I pushed trim in, I removed drywall screw to put in real screw and down the fastener went. I remember thinking the bleeping thing does not stay in place even when you are holding the trim in? Are you bleeping kidding me ?

So I tried that again thinking it must stay when I hold trim in, but nope.....

Now I get a thin crochet needle from my wife, try to hold the trim in, the crochet needle hold the fastener and start the screw.....no way.... :-)

At this point my wife questions how anyone can be so mad at an inanimate object and the people who invented it . I have not been this mad at someone since I tried to get the CC steering wheel off (I did not succeed at that)?

This went on for a bit, line it up move a bit and slip down goes the fastener, my third hand is useless I guess. The way I solved it finally was I grabbed a #8 screw one inch long which allowed me to start the fastener and pull the trim away. Once I had it one inch screw started, I knew where the fastener went and I put a piece of duct tape half the size of my pinky fingernail on the bottom of the fastener holding it in place in the trim. I removed the 1 inch screw and ............... and the fastener stayed I put in the others the same way.

It was then time for beverages .
Old 02-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry to interrupt the schooling but to remove the front cowl pertaining to the trim screws,they take a 1/4inch socket and just loosen the screws there are (6) total that way you dont have to worry about putting them back in.After the other bolts are out you can just pull the cowl off.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car