lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
JordanB367
Not Yet Wild

Default Smart charger or replace obc

I just put a new controller on and my cart still wouldn’t run. I guess the controller and obc were bad. Glad I got a good deal on it but by the time im done I’ll have as much into it as I could’ve got a running cart. Oh well yah live and learn. Anyways what’s you guys opinion, should I buy a new obc or just get a smart charger and say forget the obc. Battery packs brand new right now as well. Thanks in advance
JordanB367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Smart charger or replace obc

For anyone to help you'll need to provide much more information. Easiest way for people on this forum to know, is to provide the serial number (which IF your cart is a DS) is near the footwell on the passenger side. There were many different drive systems over a number of years. If your cart isn't running, it's (very likely) not a problem with the charger.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried to bypass the OBC first, to see if that is indeed the problem?http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...excel-obc.html
I would have done a whole lot of testing before replacing a controller. If you've replaced it and it made no difference the old controller was probably fine.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

If the obc is bad its time to get a DPI charger
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yup, verify it is the OBC first, then as Swan noted, completely bypass and remove it and then use a DPI Accusense going forward.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

+2 on the DPI.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
The Big Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #7
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lester smart charger!!!!!
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
JordanB367
Not Yet Wild

Cool so sounds like a all in vote on going with a smart charger. I’m pretty positive the controller was bad because my cart would not run with the computer bypasses with the old controller. Now with the new controller it runs only with the computer bypassed. So how do I permanently bypass the computer? Right now it is just unplugged with a small jumper wire from pack - to yellow solenoid terminal.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #9
JordanB367
Not Yet Wild

Also the cart is a 01 series club car. I wanted to upgrade the controller eventually anyways but had to sooner then I wanted to. Can’t lie I do like the new shiny blue alltrax can’t wait to see how it does on my father in laws big hill in his backyard
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Heres a C/P from Sergio

On the Series Cart, the OBC provided the negative side of the Solenoid activation circuit when the charger was not plugged.

You can just disconnect the "Yellow" wire from the Solenoid small post that goes to the OBC and tape it.

You then need to run a new wire (16 ga) from that Solenoid small post directly to pack negative or B-.

You also need to run the negative wire (10 ga) from the back of the charger receptacle directly to pack negative.

You can leave the sense "Grey" wire alone since it is not used by the DPI charger and it is not connected to anything inside their charger.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car