lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Affordable Cams for your Clone Engine!

In an effort to bring down the cost of making power with your clone engine, we just released a $49.99 Camshaft that gives you a GIANT boost of power above 3000rpm (where most stock engines fall off) and still maintains valvetrain reliability (stock valve lift).

For those who want even more, add 1.3:1 rockers and you will need some better brakes :)

The only requirements are a Billet rod and Chromoly pushrods, and HD springs if you don't already have them.

http://www.vegascarts.com/product-p/tqcam.htm
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Affordable Cams for your Clone Engine!

I saw those. Are these the same as the original cam you offered? What's different?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very similar grind with alittle less valve lift.
Much easier to produce and for those who want the valve lift, you can always use 1.3:1 rockers.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have Christmas shopping to do of course, but if I put a cam in I'd really like more power at 4-5K rpm. Don't care about hitting 6K really and still need stock power at around 2500 and up for part throttle stuff. Would this do that?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

sho,

The cam gains are significant from 3-5k.

The reason the stock cam falls flat after about 4k is the cam doesn't have enough duration since the engine is originally designed to run at 3000-3600rpm all day. By adding 30+ degrees of duration, the valve is open longer and allows a whole lot more air into the engine at all RPMs.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:49 AM   #6
gman3850
Not Yet Wild

Just got this plus Rockers, atc rod, dual springs and head gasket a couple days ago. Still deciding if I want to put it in the Honda gx390 or leave that motor alone and get a 460 block and build it up.
gman3850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Geeze if you can afford it, go with the 460. More displacement plus it's a beefier block with more bolts and reinforced castings. If you plan on revving it over 5k you'll need the Arc rod. The stock rod will oval out because there is no bearing. I have an extra one I picked up a while ago that I don't need. PM me if you are interested, make you a great deal.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
Warlordsix
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffw View Post
In an effort to bring down the cost of making power with your clone engine, we just released a $49.99 Camshaft that gives you a GIANT boost of power above 3000rpm (where most stock engines fall off) and still maintains valvetrain reliability (stock valve lift).

For those who want even more, add 1.3:1 rockers and you will need some better brakes :)

The only requirements are a Billet rod and Chromoly pushrods, and HD springs if you don't already have them.

http://www.vegascarts.com/product-p/tqcam.htm
Yup! My cam, rod and headgasket arrived today. Looking forward to getting them installed in my 440 bike. Already has ported/milled head, 35lbs springs, Manton pushrods, 1.3:1 billet rockers, 32mm CV carb, free flowing exhaust and advanced ignition. Yeah, this is in a bike!
Warlordsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #9
gman3850
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Geeze if you can afford it, go with the 460. More displacement plus it's a beefier block with more bolts and reinforced castings. If you plan on revving it over 5k you'll need the Arc rod. The stock rod will oval out because there is no bearing. I have an extra one I picked up a while ago that I don't need. PM me if you are interested, make you a great deal.
ya i was thinking that but my buggy is already set up with the right legth and bolt pattern for the 390
gman3850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #10
natew121
Gone Wild

im def going to do this now that i have some time.
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps