lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
philm99
Not Yet Wild

Cool EZGO Powerwise What's in the charger plug?

I'm dealing with an EZGO Powerise 36A '97 charger that suddenly went dead. Charger won't work on my other car, other chargers work on the original car. So the charger is the problem. The relay does not pull in when plugged into the car. Based on some reading in this forum, I decided to pull apart the plug on the end of the cable to see if the reed switch was defective (BTW diodes check out, fuse checks out).
When I pulled it apart, there was indeed a magnet, but no reed switch! The red wire goes to a spring tab in the center of the plug and obviously compresses when plugged into the car. But how does that do anything? Can anyone explain how this works, what I need to do, and whether I can manually close the relay to see if the charger comes on? The relay is a black box on the side circuit board (potter and brumfield T9AS1D22-24 NO 30A). Can I pull this relay off the board, or does the cover come off?
Thanks
philm99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO