lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Default normal brake noise?

Neighbor had driven with bad brakes too long and needed new brake drums and shoes.

I replaced them and they work as advertised.

When he drives the cart there is a slight noise tied to the wheel rotation that sounds like a brake shoe that is making contact with the drum on each rotation. It is just a slight sound that I expect will go away after the shoes wear in.

What I can't figure out is why it only makes contact only once during a tire rotation.

Assuming the sound is a shoe rubbing the drum once per revolution why would it do that?

Anyone else experience this noise after a drum and shoe replacement?
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car