lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
rocky_taco
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf cart .vs. side by side

Just curious why people are picking a golf cart over a side by side like RZR/Rhino, etc.
rocky_taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf cart .vs. side by side

2 reasons from my experiences.
1 - Cost.
2 - Some people like to use their carts in the neighborhood and or camp grounds. Many of these areas will not allow ATV's, some will only allow electric vehicles - so a tricked out golf car fits the bill perfectly...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
rocky_taco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
2 reasons from my experiences.
1 - Cost.
2 - Some people like to use their carts in the neighborhood and or camp grounds. Many of these areas will not allow ATV's, some will only allow electric vehicles - so a tricked out golf car fits the bill perfectly...
The electric thing makes good sense. I had not considered this and appreciate this insight.

I'm not sure, but think I read a golf cart may be easier to make street legal.

The cost issue was somewhat what made me post the question. I'm seeing some people that are spending more than a side-by-side to hop up their golf cart. So, for some reason they think the golf cart is superior.
rocky_taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Not many golf carts will be pricier than a side by side. Base on most side by sides starts at 10K... a golf cart can be pretty totally tricked out for that price. We have alot of street legal side by sides here, but the price is the biggest factor for most peoples choice. We use the cart at the dunes to run around in and our sandrail for running the bowls...and leaving the side by sides in the dust. I like them but we have to spread our toy money around as much as we can.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yes - I did mean the INITIAL cost of a golf cart was less than a side by side - LOL!!!
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

My brother-in-law just bought a brand new RZR and says I could never take a golf cart where his RZR can go. He may be right but for ten thousand it certainly should.I would have a lot of fun fixing up carts with that kind of money. Im waiting to go riding with him one of these days just to prove that maybe the cart cant keep up but hold its own against a machine made for that kind of abuse.Besides I think its neat taking something that was never intended to do what we do with it.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
tbolt
Gone Wild

Wish I knew then what I know now!!!!!! 15K in my cart. Runaway train, out of control. I'm not sure what happened but it did. Too late to worry about it. I'll have to keep it now. I will say one thing, I went up against a regular Ranger in the desert and the only thing he did that I couldn't was climb a hill backwards but he had 2 adults in the back seat and I lost traction. It takes me places I should not be.

Glen
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBurro View Post
My brother-in-law just bought a brand new RZR and says I could never take a golf cart where his RZR can go. He may be right but for ten thousand it certainly should.I would have a lot of fun fixing up carts with that kind of money. Im waiting to go riding with him one of these days just to prove that maybe the cart cant keep up but hold its own against a machine made for that kind of abuse.Besides I think its neat taking something that was never intended to do what we do with it.
This is my story as well.

Glen your cart is flat out awesome!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
tbolt
Gone Wild

Thanks!!!
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
C-BO
Gone Wild

Club Car

glen , its just money. haha . i am building a cart now that will put a whipping on any side by side. i cant wait to pull up to a rhino. and have him think it is more bad *** than mine. then just let it riiiiiiiiip. haha
C-BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts